The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#80694 - 01/10/06 02:03 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Jeannine
Those are some great tips!

Pattyann,
I agree.

But like Starting over, I think I should try to grow up my clothes a little bit. (I'm sitting here in jeans and a Mickey Mouse Sweatshirt...LOL)

#80695 - 01/10/06 02:43 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Jeannie...is right about the hair color and cut.
While in the grocery store last week I noticed the check-out clerk had a fantastic cut. So I asked her who did her hair, said her daughter...but she only does hers. But, for years she had a stylist in the area, that did a nice cut and color.
I have had so many bad haircuts, I was almost afraid to go...
Made an appointment... and he tells me I have helmet head and was stuck in the 60's... [Roll Eyes] Told him I liked the 60's. [Big Grin]
So he picked out a cinnamon brown coloring, gave me layers that flip all over my head. No kidding after putting the color on...my face coloring glowed with a pinkish tint.
Just love the color and cut...better yet, no more helmet head. [Razz]
As far as clothes goes...I really like to be comfortable. So, it's normally jeans and a tee.

#80696 - 01/10/06 04:39 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
starting over, here's a thought. Why don't you look at magazines and consider how the styles might look on you? Also, be intentional about looking at what other women wear and think about what might look good on you. Then take a Saturday to venture out and try all sorts of styles to see what you like best.

#80697 - 01/10/06 05:13 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
boomersis Offline

Loc: Maryland
Starting over - your haircut and color cannot be over-emphasized. Find a good salon and go for a change. I normally shoot for a subtle change in color, but I vary the length and style as I get tired of the same old me. People will notice the change, no matter how subtle. It feels great for someone to comment about your hair. Good Luck!

#80698 - 01/10/06 09:00 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Thanks everyone. I wore my hair a bit longer and colored it while married, but after everything that happened with that and the pending divorce I realized I really didn't have a clue who the real me was anymore. So I went drastic and cut my hair shorter, closer to the way I wore it before married, and have let all the color grow out and be cut off. Now at least this part is the real me--I may not like the gray hair and such, but I felt like I had to take me back to an empty page to rediscover myself.

I am finding that every aspect of my life is going to have to be rebuilt--accept my relationship with the Lord, my son and my family. Everything else has to change. The job, where I live, my clothes--I wear jeans and t-shirts to work now, but I am going to need a good job with benefits now, that's going to require major changes in clothing and even my attitude, how I eat, what I eat...everything. I get so tired just thinking about it some days I just want to stay in bed!

I keep telling myself baby steps, one day at a time but it's overwhelming. How did I get to be 49 and have my life be such a train wreck?! I never dreamed my life would turn out like this...

OK deep breath...end of pity party.

Shoes would help change some outfits. Currently I wear (very worn) tennis shoes with everything. Having a casual leather shoe that would work with jeans or khakis would make an outfit look a little dressier, maybe I can catch a two for sale at Payless Shoes or something.

The hair color will definitely be something I will go back to when I have the $$. But I want to make sure I can afford to maintain it. The last thing I want is to end up with 'race stripe' hair because I can't afford a touch up.

Any other ideas on little steps I could take besides adding a couple pairs of shoes that might help dress up me up a bit?

#80699 - 01/10/06 09:41 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Starting over... Your growing out of the old, and into the new.
Your going through metamorphosis , don't give up.
When you break through, you will fly
effortlessly.

The Lord watches over you...he will turn your life around. Take one day at a time, and know the transformation will be your perfect fit.

#80700 - 01/11/06 02:44 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
yepthatsme2 Offline

As far as the clothes part goes...not sure about everyone else but...our Goodwill's take in alot of new clothing from the dept. stores this time of year. Many times you will see shoes and clothes with the tags still attached.

#80701 - 01/11/06 09:32 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Hi Ladies,
I love fashion! I love the low rise jeans and the crop tops.. Love the short jackets and all the embellisments. The cammies feel so feminine and are soft and nice to touch.
The big belts and medallion necklaces are great. I thoroughly enjoy the strappy high heels and getting pedicures and manicures with added decorations.
My favorite place to shop is Victoria'a Secret and onlne at Carabella's and the Body Shop. At the mall, I enjoy Papaya as their prices are reasonable and I absolutely love their clothing.
I have the cowboy boots, the patent heels and the chandelier earrings.
I'm very happy with my self in this regard. I wish all of life was this simple...

#80702 - 01/11/06 11:59 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
I'm lucky here- the goodwill I shop at gets all the leftover clothes from QVC- brand new- a fraction of the price

#80703 - 01/12/06 12:12 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Oh, Pattyann, that's great!! Do you have any Denim & Co.?? Love their stuff!!

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved