The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#80684 - 01/08/06 07:55 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
It IS all about what WE like isn't it?
I love clothes and there's days when I wake up like this morning, my day off, and I am wearing a parrot green 15 year old "shabby" chic housecoat. (It was my Mom's and I love it) In a few minutes I will be wearing a gold sexy shiek shorter housecoat. Both pieces are great for interchangeable hot flash wear.
When I shower later,I will put on a black snakeskin 2 piece suit with spiked heel boots...going out for lunch. After lunch it's Maurice hip hugger jeans,((( that hug my waist, not hips))) and a black tee and leather jacket with comfy shoes to match.
Tomorrow, for work, I will be in black pants, white shirt and tie.
Friday night I might be in a backless black sexy number or ducky slippers and 15 yr old torn shirt and knees out jeans. I am a sweats/jammie girl too. Elastic is my friend.
I love animal prints and have several beautiful pieces.
And not only am I WOMAN...I am a Leo. Believe me...I Roar... but occasionally I Purr....Brrrellll.

chick

#80685 - 01/09/06 08:30 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I am still learning the difference between "shabby chic" and "Shabby Shriek."

I may have too much of the latter.

smile

#80686 - 01/09/06 08:35 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I think we all need to dress in what makes us feel comfortable. Women who feel good about they're wearing generally look good, too. Obviously, our taste in clothing differs depending on who we are.

We've reached the age where we should dress to please ourselves, not anyone else.

#80687 - 01/09/06 12:44 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, meredith is also a animal skin woman.

#80688 - 01/09/06 02:30 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I love leapard and I have had at least 1 item in my closet ever since I can remember. Now, I don't dress like Cher......remember her leapard print jumpsuit?

Daisygirl

#80689 - 01/09/06 10:08 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have a leopard print spandex catsuit for the gym [Roll Eyes]

I'm at my best when I'm the most comfortable. That means clothing I can move in -- elastic waistbands, flat sturdy shoes, and stretchy material (cotton spandex, rayon spandex, nylon spandex...) -- big jewelry, hats, scarves, and attitude. I've never worn tailored because I never had a tailored personality. I buy occasional things at thrift shops. Mostly I just keep things forever. I love telling people "This piece is vintage, and I'm the original owner!"

I'm glad we all have our own style. Stepford Boomers would just be TOOOOOO scary [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

#80690 - 01/09/06 07:34 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My early mornings are spent in sweats. After showering I wear levis and a sweater and if it's cold, my UGGS, which really help save my feet and legs from the hardwood floors.

Before bed I put on my "Bird Robe" which is torn and shredded for Sammie's nightly loving. She knows when I come out wearing it that it's her time to be held and kissed. She gets all excited.

Then, I strip down to nothing for bed!

#80691 - 01/09/06 09:41 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
May I ask...I am coming out of divorce after 24 years. I turned 49 Saturday. I still dress the way I did when I was 29. Jeans, tennis shoes are the preferred attire. Sundays I wear black pants and a nice top,sweater or blouse to church with flat black shoes.

I realize I don't have a lot of $$ at this point to buy new clothes but when I do does anyone know the HOW of dressing better and more maturely?

I see the makeover shows (which most I would never wear the things they pick out for them to wear) How do you 'grow up' your clothing?

As far as that goes--how do I 'grow up' everything else? Makeup, hair....How do I find me and take on a more polished and well rounded me look????

Any ideas?

#80692 - 01/09/06 11:08 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Starting over- why do we have to grow up our clothes??!!I think it's up to everyone to find your own style- tailored-comfy- flashy- whatever-sure most cartoon character tees and bare your butts skirts shouldn't be anyone's option unless they are 6 but I think that at this point in my life what I like is what I like and I like myself and can laugh at the pictures so i refuse to agonize over it- had enough of that at 17 when i wasn't sure who i really was

#80693 - 01/10/06 12:09 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Dress to suit your coloring, and body shape, starting over. Forget thinking that at the age of 49 (Happy B-Day, by the way!) you should start dressing in some old fashioned age-appropriate manner, set down generations ago. Believe me, life experiences, and good old gravity takes care of maturing us...no need to adopt some manner of dress to achieve it. It's there...in our faces, in our eyes.

We all want to look our best, no matter our age. I think one of the best tips is for a woman to really look at herself, as objectively as possible. If her hair color/cut is a little drab, or if the cut hasn't been altered in twenty years, or if she notices that maybe that one-tone, dark-like-when-she-was thirty, hair color is making her look older than she really feels, maybe it's time for a little change. With clothing, well, take it from this 54 year old gal...going slighly subdued, as to colors, can really make a difference in how a mature complexion looks! As for clothing styles, well, that's pretty much up to your personal preference, starting over. There again, it's what looks good on your individual body shape, that's most important. It is also wise to consider the shape, that body shape is in...No matter how often a mature woman works out, no matter how in-shape she keeps herself, her body is not that of a twenty year old.

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved