The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 217 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#8071 - 07/25/06 06:53 PM Honeymoon and Marriage [Re: Edelweiss]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Hi Ladies!

I want to invite you to partcipate in my next internet radio show. It's on love and marriage. I'd love to hear your honeymoon stories. Where did you go? How was it? What was the best part of it? The worst? If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?

How is your marriage now? Do you still think of it as a honeymoon or has time resulted in just ho hum and routine?

Drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, WHATEVER! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
www.talk2bev.com

P.S. Check out my website for some St. Lucia pics

#8072 - 07/25/06 08:28 PM Re: Honeymoon and Marriage [Re: bamgibbs]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How do we participate? Do we call in?

#8073 - 07/25/06 10:51 PM Re: Honeymoon and Marriage
bamgibbs Offline

For now, it's via email (mahonebeverly@yahoo.com). My hubby is working out the kinks to be able to do call-ins. I hope that will be up and running by the time i do the series on Womens Health/Menopause next month.

Dotsie, it sounds like you have a good marriage. Tell us your secrets.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, WHATEVER! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
www.talk2bev.com

#8074 - 07/26/06 09:19 PM Re: Honeymoon and Marriage [Re: bamgibbs]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Which one would you like? Honeymoon number one or honeymoon # 2? Just being silly, but I have had two of them.
Louisa

#8075 - 07/26/06 10:28 PM Re: Honeymoon and Marriage [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The problem with most of the marriages I hear about is the unrealistic belief (from women) that the honeymoon and marriage are the same thing and will last forever...Geesh!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#8076 - 07/27/06 12:08 AM Re: Honeymoon and Marriage [Re: chatty lady]
bamgibbs Offline

Louisa,

I'd love to hear about honeymoon #1 & #2. How were they different (other than a DIFFERENT MAN) More romantic?

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, WHATEVER! A Baby Boomer's Journey into Middle Age
www.talk2bev.com

#8077 - 07/27/06 12:21 AM Re: Honeymoon and Marriage [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

With the first one, the marriage lasted 20 years, the honeymoon - probably little more than the week, realistically. I'm not saying the rest of the years were all bad, but they were no honeymoon.

But honeymoons are really vacations and everyone relaxes and has fun on vacations. Come to think of it, some of our vacations were not like any honeymoon.

The second one is been much, much different. He still loves to do little things that make a big difference and he loves to surprise me. We've been together about 14 years now (wow, has it been that long?) Married almost 7 of them. We still go back to where we spent our honeymoon, which is the place we got engaged, a lovely little inn in the White Mountains, every year on our anniversary. He doesn't forget my birthday, our anniversary, or Valentine's Day. He's good to my kids and my mother. He's a romantic. sometimes life gets in the way, but most of the time, it's pretty damn good. I do know some marriages that have lasted forever. And we've had some vacations that seemed better than our honeymoon. I don't think it's unrealistic to think a marriage can last, but the honeymoon doesn't require the effort that is needed to keep the marriage together.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I'm starting to sound like Dear Abby.

Louisa

#8078 - 07/27/06 01:49 AM Re: Honeymoon and Marriage [Re: Louisa]
bamgibbs Offline

Oh Louisa!

You are the kind of woman I'm looking for and I'm sure other women will appreciate hearing your story. You should also get acquainted with Kathy from Rick and June. She is also a delight to know.

May I have your permission to read your email on the air?

Love is BETTER the second time around, I'm convinced. I LUSTED the first time...now I know for sure, it's for real!!!

You are an inspiration, my dear!

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
WHATEVER! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age

#8079 - 07/27/06 02:57 AM Re: Honeymoon and Marriage [Re: bamgibbs]
Louisa Offline

Ok. Sure. But, please change what I said to "the second one is much, much better," not "is been." (stupid typo)
I'll email you privately.
Louisa

#8080 - 07/27/06 03:19 AM Re: Honeymoon and Marriage [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

I just went to the website and I wasn't sure where to email you. I thought the talk2bev was it. I see you want stuff on middle-age dating. This is too funny. After my divorce and before I met my 2nd husband, I wrote stories and poems about just that. I was in my 40's then. don't even get me started on that ::)) But you might like my story on Resume Dating. I believe they should be required for dating these days.

Back to honeymoons and Louisa on love - It's late at night so, for now I'll just say I think the difference between the first and second (other than the obvious) is a combination of three things: age, wisdom and experience. The first time I was 21. Life was different in 1968. We lived in the land of Ozzie and Harriet. We fell in love, got married and thought we'd live happily ever after. When things didn't go the way we had expected, the road got a bit rocky. We expected too much and thought it just happened. When it didn't, marriages fell apart. Sometimes we married too young or because it was expected. I don't think I was too young, but maybe too idealistic. I married my high school sweetheart. He was too young. Men don't mature as early as women.

I was 53 when I married the second time. It was a second marriage for him too.

I'll have to write more later. I need to get off the pc and go to bed. I didn't intend to get so wordy. Sorry ladies. Bev, Let me know where to email you. To be continued.

Good night everyone.
Louisa

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved