The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#7593 - 01/17/06 11:50 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
ladybug Offline

Your daughter has made the bad choices with her life not you. She's an adult who needs to own up to those poor choices she made without blaming others for her mistakes.

#7594 - 01/17/06 11:51 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
ladybug Offline

You've been the best mother you can be to her. Now it's her turn to show you some love and respect as well. You need that just as much as she does.

#7595 - 01/18/06 06:51 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Oh, gross, I think my husband has some sort of infatuation with my 23 yr. old daughter. He used to frequent the strip clubs and knows all the 'tricks' of the trade if you know what I mean.
She just started working at a restaurant that is frequented by his coworkers and one of them made a comment about how 'hot' the new waitress there is and my husband told the coworker, "That's my stepdaughter'. He has verbally bemoaned his belief that, as he put it, "I'll never have a 22 yr. old again...." How would that make you feel as his wife??
Last night he told me I was old and just needed to accept that I am a senior citizen. I told him that with exercise and weight loss I could easily look ten years younger. He laughed and said, "Yeah, if the person was blind maybe."
He says the 20 and 30 yr. olds on his route flirt with him all the time. He says if a woman or girl smiles and is friendly with him what they really want is sex. I think I have married a very sick man....what do you think?

#7596 - 01/18/06 07:18 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Number5, that's verbal abuse. I think you're right to think his words and actions are sick.

And if you're a senior citizen, isn't he also?

Oh my, I despise that mentality in men. Sorry, but it is so degrading. Don't you think?

#7597 - 01/18/06 07:41 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
ladybug Offline

My thoughts exactly Dotsie. As for those younger girls wanting to have sex with him, that's very wishful thinking on his part. They're probably thinking, who is this horny, old goat, he's giving me the creeps with all that leering. That's what my beautiful, young daughter says when I point out how some old goat is leering at her.

Unless he's got the financial portfolio that Donald Trump has all he can do is look.

#7598 - 01/18/06 07:43 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Number5, the next time you speak to your husband, ask him, "And just what do you want with an old, senior citizen like me, anyhow?"
I'd be curious as to his answer.
I haven't posted much on your topic on "I don't know what to do." I am praying for God to lead you in the right direction. I know that our words may or may not change your mind. I am, however, trusting that the point of no return will hit you and when it does, there'll be no turning back. Stay close to us. Please try to be on the outside looking in(your own window at your situation)as we are. It is difficult for us to know what you are experiencing. Some of us have been there, and we fear for your safety.
Love and Hugs
chick

#7599 - 01/18/06 07:56 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I believe you answered your own question.
You deserve so much better.

#7600 - 01/18/06 11:05 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
ladybug Offline

I also think your husband is insecure and the aging issue is really about his OWN aging, not yours. Sometimes people like this feel good putting other people down because it makes him feel superior to you. Compassionate people cannot be abusers (my own opinion).

If he truly is an alcholic, which he seems to be then his "plumbing" isn't working too well either. He should really consider that those young girls smiling at him are probably just laughing at him.

[ January 18, 2006, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#7601 - 01/18/06 11:25 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You're husband is a jerk, living in some unrealistic place in his feeble brain and you are the scapegoat for his own self loathing....Buy him a T-shirt that reads:

GEEZER - Imaginary stud muffin.

I agree with Ladybug, those aren't flirting smiles they're polite grins to keep from cracking up laughing at the foolish old goat.

#7602 - 01/19/06 12:00 AM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
ladybug Offline

Aint' it the truth??!!!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved