The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#7623 - 01/31/06 07:07 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
If anyone is interested, here is an update. We sold our house and since the buyer wanted it for income property, my husband is going to rent it for my daughter, grandaughter and I for 3 months until we find out what the court wants to do.
Meantime, he is moving to the apartment complex to manage it.
I have three months to decide what to do with the rest of my life.
My desire is for my daughter to get out of trouble and get the help she needs and the three of us to move to the other state where a job, home and support waits.
My parents have been such a blessing to me. I can pick up the phone and call them anytime and they are always there. Dad will be 80 in May and my mom is 74. They are both as sharp as tacks and funny. I love them so much.
Please pray that God will work everything out in his own time and within his will for us.
I'm having a ball with my grandaughter. Today I'm taking her to see the manatees. She brings me great joy.

#7624 - 01/31/06 07:50 PM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Oh, Number 5, I have been so worried for your safety. I know it is hard and overwhelming right now, but at least you and your family are safe. God will continue to work out the details for you.

You may find that making lists will help if youare feeling overwhelmed. You have a lot of decisions that wil need to be made. Give yourself time though--you don't have to have the answers for all of them in 3 months!

Make a list of things that will have to be attended to in date order and tackel them one at a time. You may not have the end solution even available right now, so pick a short term solution--like where can I move to when the 3 months are up? You may not move to where you ultimately want to live, but find the interum solution for now. It will take some pressure off you and you won't feel quite so overwhelmed.

Trust God, even when it doesn't look like it--He is taking care of you all. Please keep us posted so we know how to pray for you. Love, Starting Over

#7625 - 02/02/06 09:15 AM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
NewLeaf Offline

Thank you so much, Starting Over, I'm on an emotional roller coaster right now. I feel trapped and misunderstood, so many feelings stirring around in there.
Today on the way home I was just thinking how great it would be to just have someone want to go to church tonight with me or want to just sit at home and hold me while we watch TV or ask me with a smile how my day was.
I'm so sad sometimes.
Instead, my daughter, grandaughter and I went to the Y while my husband went to the bar....
I bought food for all of us and brought it home.
I feel like everyone depends on me. I'm not allowed to show how I truly feel and if I cry, he says, "That door swings both ways."
No sympathy, no love or affection. I guess I'm feeling sorry for myself tonight. Sorry.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

#7626 - 02/03/06 08:21 AM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
#5 I know you are in FL adn I am in MO--I had up Women's Ministries in our local church. So I want you to know that if you will go to church and share your heart with a woman--even if they don't know what to tell you they will get you to someone who can. So what if your daughter won't go. You go for you. God will take care of getting her there. Church family and a deeper relationship with God is what will see you through this. It is there and available, take advantage of it.

In every bad time of my life. My church family has wrapped me in their arms, they have never judged me, they have sheltered me, prayed for me, helped care for me. They have helped me deepen my relationship with the Lord. When I've been out of line they have lovingly set me on teh right path. My 'sisters' have never let me down. In my latest battle, I was brand new to the church-these women didn't even know me--yet they haven't failed me-not once. I encourage you to go. If you want a friend be a friend. I'm praying for you!

#7627 - 02/03/06 02:27 AM Re: I Don't Know What to Do!
NewLeaf Offline

Thank you so much Starting Over! I don't know, there just seems to be a stigma attached to you when you are a person with a problem. Its as if people are afraid your "sickness" will rub off on them.
I would love to find a church of loving accepting people who are believers in the gospel of Jesus Christ and not all these new age beliefs I've experienced here from some of the participants who claim the name of Christ...??!!
I'm just awed by what I see as an overwhelming influence in God's church and even the great deception spoken of in Revelations in the last days before the return of Christ; of the lack of moral absolutes and the lack of ANY absolutes. Its as if moral relativism has invaded the very heart of Christianity.
I miss the fellowship of other believers very much..and I want my grandaughter to be in church but not if they are going to teach her that everyone's beliefs are OK and that people who believe in Allah and Buddah and Krishna, and Gaia and the Green God of the Earth and whoever else people sell their allegiance to is OK in God's eyes when he says he is a jealous God and the other religions make a mockery of God's own Son by saying he was just another prophet like Buddah.
I'm almost afraid to go back to church. If you are a believer, you are labelled a hater and a radical extremist. I've never seen such blood lust toward Christians as I have seen lately.
Anyway, I'll pray and ask God to direct me and my little family to a Bible believing church where we can be comforted and instructed and find peace.
Thank you for caring and for your input. It is greatly appreciated. I wish I could go to church where you do.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved