The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 118 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#7462 - 12/02/05 03:29 AM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
Ms. Sotmary Offline

Loc: Upper Westchester, New York
Di,
There are physical symptoms that come in groups. Would he consider seeing a local acupunturist/herbalist? He could open up as much as he feels comfortable. A good practitioner will ask some questions in related areas without getting too "personal". He might appreciate another less involved person to share his story with. Since the treatments are more holistic than Western Medicine, his symptoms, including hormonal imbalances can often be corrected. Good luck.

#7463 - 12/02/05 04:15 AM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
quote:
Originally posted by smilinize:

Infrequency of intercourse and lack of desire is becoming more common even among young men. I wonder if it's because of the 'bare it all,' 'show it all,' 'give it all away' attitude that kids are famous for today.

I hope that's not too frank. Your post just reminded me of some things I have read about and I thought maybe you could use in your heart to hearts somehow. Of course a little prayer might help too.

And no one should go through life without all the joy God intended for us all.
smile

I tend to agree with this. Not only the young 'ens, it's the TV that has so much CLEAVAGE it irritates me. DH and I do discuss that: How women nowadays show too much and leaving not much for the "mystery" of their wives.

Remember Caroline Ingalls on Little House? She wore matronly stuff. What she had was for her Charles alone. I tend to feel that way. But with the way women dress today, my darling has no inclination to seek out what I have to offer.
Plus, his sleeping on the sofa does not help either. (his doing since he uses the TV in the LR to fall asleep. Now where does that leave me? Alone in the bedroom, with one of the doggies cuddling up!!

Well, there is hope, I know. I think he also has lots on his mind. Something that I don't get in the way of my sex drive. I guess it does for men.

(by the way, removing the clothes for that photo shoot only would have made ME freezing!)

#7464 - 12/06/05 07:31 AM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
Di Offline

Nothing yet............... [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
And he will not go to any dr. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

#7465 - 12/06/05 05:44 PM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
ladybug Offline

The fact that he won't go to a doctor hurts the most.

In the end it will wind up hurting him the most. I just hope he changes his mind about it.

#7466 - 12/06/05 07:13 PM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Di, instead of being subtle, how about beign direct? Can you set up a date for you and him? Perhaps you could do soemthing Christmasy together and then invite him into the bedroom. It doesn't have to be at bedtime. I think you should go for it. Use "I statements." You know, "I miss you, I need you, I want you, I need you." All of the attention may get him in the mood.

#7467 - 12/06/05 10:29 PM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
ladybug Offline

Or, do what many wives should do, as I should've done, schedule the doctor's appointment and make him go.

#7468 - 12/07/05 01:52 AM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think men are embarrassed to go to a doctor with this problem.

#7469 - 12/07/05 02:27 AM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
ladybug Offline

You have hit the nail on the head Dianne.

There are also other men who think it's going to eventually "get better."

Di, I am pretty sure you have tried everything except the one most important thing...making him go in for a check-up.

#7470 - 12/07/05 07:12 PM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
Di Offline

Sad to admit here, but I am 'afraid' to "come onto him" for fear of rejection. It's happened before so I am not the 'aggressor'. I wait for him anymore. Too bad. He 'used' to be a tiger. [Frown]

Funny enough, there are times when we talk about sex (oral sex? LOL!!) while we are on a long road trip, then come home and watch out! But, lately it's a dry spell. Maybe we need another trip. [Eek!]

#7471 - 12/07/05 07:56 PM Re: When DH's lose their sex drive...do they
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Plan one today. I don't like to see you robbing yourself of your joy.

So where are you going?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved