The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 82 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#72511 - 10/22/04 04:29 AM Re: The Notebook!
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Sorry JJ. 'Message in a bottle' was the one I read and didn't like. I guess I'm not a romance reader! Maybe we are just different in the southern hemisphere...

#72512 - 10/22/04 05:53 PM Re: The Notebook!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Since I'm the mother of teens, I want to know what you all thought of her mother keeping all those letters. Wasn't that awful?

#72513 - 10/27/04 01:10 PM Re: The Notebook!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
OK - Sorry Fellow Boomer Readers, but I'm a little late getting started with "Notebook" - I have it now and will start on it tonight (at least that's my current plan)....looks like "mixed reviews" here so far, but I'm going to start it with an open mind and see what happens! [Wink]

#72514 - 11/01/04 03:51 AM Re: The Notebook!
boomersis Offline

I have not started the Notebook yet. I am looking forward to it. I just could not get through All Over But the Shoutin', so I am moving on. Hope to read the Notebook quickly. I need a book that I can't put down. I see there are mixed reviews on this one. I hope I like it as much as Dotsie.

#72515 - 11/02/04 01:42 PM Re: The Notebook!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Well, I'm finding it slow going quite honestly...I absolutely adore a good romance read, but I just can't "connect" with this one. I can't become absorbed in it like I usually become when I'm truly "into" a book. I don't think I'm expressing myself too well here (!!) but anyway, I'm committed to finishing it and perhaps I will feel differently then. Nicholas Sparks is an excellent writer though and I've read other books of his.....this one is just not leaving the same impression on me. [Frown]

#72516 - 11/03/04 02:23 AM Re: The Notebook!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I saw the movie when it came out and loved it! I saw it with my daughter - I think there's a thread someplace where I discussed the movie. On the way out, my daughter said, "Mom, you read the book. Don't you remember?" And honestly - I couldn't! The book didn't impress me, but the movie did simply because it was so beautifully filmed. Some of the scenery in the movie is breathtaking. But I'm with you on the book.

#72517 - 11/03/04 03:28 AM Re: The Notebook!
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
When I read the book I thought it would help me with dealing with my mother. Although I enjoyed reading it at the time it was an escape but didn't help at all.
Would love to see the movie after reading all your posts.
Maggie

#72518 - 11/05/04 06:37 PM Re: The Notebook!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Maggie, what were you looking for as far as help for your mother when you read it? There really wasn't much in the way of help/truth about Alzheimer's.

Maybe we can direct you to another book that would help.

Were any of you attracted to Noah and his devotion and love for Allie? Come on. It couldn't have been that bad...

#72519 - 11/07/04 07:38 AM Re: The Notebook!
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Dotsie, when I heard the word Alzheimers back then I just thought it was another book to help us out. I did enjoy the book though it gave me a break from what was going on at the time.
Thanks for the offer of help mom passed away a few years ago and now I find myself giving advice and listening to others who are going through the same thing.
You mentioned letters I think from another girlfriend. I thought it was interesting that the mother saved them. Its been so long since I've read the book I guess I've forgotten a lot of it.
thanks,
Maggie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved