The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 213 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#70775 - 06/09/06 06:29 AM Re: I'm in love
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'll be waiting to see this answer. Been there too. More recently, a known jerk from the past, had been calling. Since my heart was still in it, sprinkled with a bit of lust (hate to admit that but true:), I was receptive to the call. He conversations presented me with a man anewed by some enlightening experiences. Since he is out of town, we were only limited to phone communication. I've been knowing him for over 16 years and found it so so hard to believe that he acted the way he did in the past. He basically apologized and made my heart sink and palpitate at the thought that he was truly becoming the man that I'd always wanted and believed he could be. We talked day and night for weeks that turned into a year without physically thrilling each other.

Then suddenly, the phone calls stopped. Why? What did I do? When did I do it?

Daisy, these men are just crazy. That's my answer and I'm sticking to it.

The End.

#70776 - 06/09/06 06:44 AM Re: I'm in love
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Daisy,
It seems as if you met this man again about three months ago and maybe a couple of months since your first date. You mentioned being out of town some, so if it's any consolation, at least you didn't waste a lot of time before seeing his true colors.

Maybe you are getting better at determining who should be in your life quickly before investing too much time and emotion. A skill we all need to develop.

smile

[ June 09, 2006, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#70777 - 06/11/06 10:15 AM Re: I'm in love
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Daisy, did you hear from him yet? If so, what was his excuse? Whatever it was/is, don't listen. When we feel this obsession with love, we act and feel, right? Well, 'if' his feelings were genuine, he'd react without recourse that same way. His behavior may be early signs to avoid.

#70778 - 06/11/06 06:02 PM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
He called at 10:00 Friday eve., I was busy celebrating my bd w/friends. He didn't leave a message. I didn't return his call and won't. He called me every day last week except Tuesday and Saturday. I'm confused. Thursday when I told him I had to put air in a leaking tire, he said be sure to call him if I need rescuing. ????? But that's the kind of stuff they say to keep you hanging on, isn't it?

I've had a very busy weekend. Went out w/friends Friday, Saturday I went shopping w/gf, then my DGS spent the night. Today I'm going to church, then helping for a few hours at another church event in the afternoon.

Still, it has been difficult. I don't play games or hard to get. I have a full life and I'm doing things I normally would do. I don't carry my cell with me every moment (I guess that's a game, isn't it).

Believe me, I won't do anything stupid, but at the same time, I haven't given up on this guy just yet. I will date someone else if anyone interesting asks - but how likely is that to happen? Not very.

Daisygirl

#70779 - 06/11/06 09:55 PM Re: I'm in love
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Daisygirl, I'm confused. I re-read the post but I'm not clear on what is discouraging you. Did you have a great weekend together and then when you returned he stop calling? Is that it? Where he was calling daily, the routine changed?

I'm wanting to give this guy the benefit of the doubt simply because I think you are a good judge of character and if you thought/think you are in love with him, then he has to be pretty nice. Could it be that he is scared of being too close, too soon? I'm guessing here.

I'm glad you are staying busy, no matter his reasoning.

I am a firm believer that people come into our lives for a reason...

Keep us posted and SUGAREE! HELLO AGAIN! Girl, where have you been?

JJ

#70780 - 06/11/06 10:44 PM Re: I'm in love
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Daisy, I am so grateful you have a full life. That has to help. It's much better than sitting home waiting for the phone to ring.

#70781 - 06/12/06 02:35 AM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

JJ, Maybe I am overreacting. He called and/or emailed every day except 2 last week after we returned. The conversations were short and he seemed a little distant. This weekend he didn't ask me out and I haven't heard from him, except for a phone call on Friday, with no message.

I am really confused and hurt, but maybe I am expecting too much, too soon. I'm sure he has no idea I feel this way, although he does have an idea that I like him a lot lot.

Would you guys please pray for me tonight?

Daisygirl

[ June 11, 2006, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Daisygirl ]

#70782 - 06/12/06 03:39 AM Re: I'm in love
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Daisy you said the trip was a sexless one right? Maybe thats not the way he honestly wanted it and he is having second thoughts. I feel sad for you but better you know now rather than later if he isn't honest about what he expects from you....

#70783 - 06/12/06 03:39 AM Re: I'm in love
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You got it girlfriend...I'm just dropping by to check on a post and saw this. Don't count the phone calls, rather step back and relax with it all...it will play itself out one way or the other and all the worrying in the world won't change it. Good Lord...that came out like a sermon...forgive me. Because it certainly wasn't meant that way. I just hate seeing you uptight about the situation, that's all.

As Dotsie said, you have such a full life and so many friends. A bunch of them right here.

I can so relate to your feelings right now, and it IS hard to figure out, but trust me, answers will come. You just keep on being the wonderful person you are...WHO COULD RESIST THAT? If he does, it's HIS loss!

JJ

#70784 - 06/12/06 04:06 AM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Thanks a heap you guys! JJ, I need a good sermon right now, I think. You are right, all the worrying and analyzing doesn't change a thing.

Thanks for your friendship.

Daisygirl

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved