The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#70752 - 06/02/06 05:51 PM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Chatty, that man may have no idea that he's so self-absorbed. Have you thought about telling him gently why you are backing off?

P and I are spending the weekend together (no S) 2 beds in the hotel room.

The result of all this happening is that I am allowing God into my life more. How could I not, when He answered a one line joking prayer? He conked me on the head, waved a sign in front of my face saying, "I love you and I am listening every minute of every day." Timing is everything.

I wonder if I'd ever asked before? If so, I don't remember.

[ June 02, 2006, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Daisygirl ]

#70753 - 06/02/06 06:15 PM Re: I'm in love
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I love your comment about not being able to love soemone as much as they love themselves. I've never heard that before. How old are his kids? they must be young if he has a nanny with him. Are you robbing the cradle?

Daisy, I look forward to hearing about your weekend. This is getting more exciting by the minute.. I am so happy for you!

#70754 - 06/02/06 06:34 PM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

It would take a younger man to keep up with Chatty!

#70755 - 06/02/06 06:45 PM Re: I'm in love
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm with Daisy. I think you should tell this man that he needs to stop talking about himself because he may not realize he's doing it and it might be nerves. If a man hasn't dated for years, he doesn't know how to do it anymore.

I had a man tell me that I sent him back into therapy by being honest and telling him that he was a control freak. He was too! His therapist agreed with me. Sometimes, we're doing these guys a favor and it could prevent them from being alone for the rest of their lives.

#70756 - 06/03/06 07:03 AM Re: I'm in love
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well Doc is pushing 60 and his girls are 17 and 19. He calls the woman their companion. They love to be kids and run about and he chooses to rest and relax so this woman, Lily does the running. She is kind of like a mom, probably in her 30's. Its sad but he is a very well thought of surgeon and seems nice but you know me, always sizing these men up. I did calmly mention to him that he said ME alot. He laughed and said he loves himself and why not he is wonderful, all the women want him, kids like him, hes rich, successful, a self made man and good looking. He said the last night I saw him at the lodge, "aw come on, you know you are impressed by me, tell the truth now." I said, "so you want the truth huh? Well Doctor in the time we have spent together, I have found you to be a braggard, egotistical, arrogant, smug, cocky, rude, and full of yourself. I wouldn't date you if it meant turning lesbian and before you come back with a smart remark, remember those beautiful fake teeth of yours and whether they are worth keeping." My granddaughter and his eldest daughter fell out laughing as I turned and walked away. This man is really out of control..

[ June 03, 2006, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#70757 - 06/03/06 04:45 PM Re: I'm in love
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Okay, he's probably calling a therapist right now!

He IS full of himself, isn't he? Gross. I think (know) you gave him something to think about and the "teeth" remark is priceless.

#70758 - 06/04/06 01:19 AM Re: I'm in love
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Update.....this morning flowers arrived at the chalet with a note that read:
We are leaving this morning. These are my SORRY gesture to you.
It was signed, Adorable Doctor Daniel...and he drew a happy face.

Oh well, it was an experience for me and I know for sure I was right about him. Even on vacation I find losers, geesh! [Frown]
I'll be headed home late this afternoon!

[ June 03, 2006, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#70761 - 06/04/06 10:07 PM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Good for you Chatty - you must've given him something to think about if he sent you flowers. Maybe he'll wonder why the only women he has in his life are shallow and after his $$.

I had a great weekend with P. We stayed in Cincinnati on the riverfront where there are many restaurants and activities to do. He was a gentleman and [Big Grin] all is well.

Daisygirl

#70762 - 06/05/06 01:42 AM Re: I'm in love
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Fandamtastic Daisygirl, I am thrilled for you. Maybe this is the one? True gentlemen are hard to find these days. This one seems to realize how lucky he is to have found a real lady! [Cool]

#70763 - 06/05/06 04:38 PM Re: I'm in love
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Daisy, so far, so good. Pretty cool. I look forward to hearing the rest of the story!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved