The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 215 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#70741 - 05/31/06 06:15 PM I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I admit it, but I'm not sure he feels the same. I haven't told him, of course. My friends are telling me to "be careful" but once you're there, you might as well go for it, don't you think?

It always happens when you least expect it. If you don't remember, he's the one I ran into at the grocery - we had graduated from high school together. We've been slowly getting to know each other and having a great time.

One verse that has sustained me through this is "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." I didn't right down the book or verse#.

Daisygirl [Big Grin]

#70742 - 05/31/06 08:16 PM Re: I'm in love
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Daisygirl! This news does my heart good. I'm so happy for you. I've learned over the post that you are one smart lady and I'm not the least bit concerned about your outcome. You are nobody's fool. You are level-headed and compassionate, and you have a good heart. He must be the same or you wouldn't love him.

If you don't keep us posted I'm coming up there to see for myself...capish?

JJ

#70743 - 05/31/06 08:42 PM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Thanks JJ,

I think in my past I've been too smart for my own good. I'm trying not to think too much and allow my past to affect this relationship. I've been single 15 years and have learned too much about the hearts of men (women, too). I've been the queen of bad experiences but hopefully that is changing. If not, I know you ladies will allow me to whine a little, then kick me in the rear, and encourage me to get over it.

#70744 - 06/01/06 02:32 AM Re: I'm in love
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well even with all my cynicism about relationships, I still believe one should give things a chance....Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Just think with your head, not your heart...Keeping my fingers crossed for you Daisygirl...

#70746 - 06/01/06 05:50 PM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

Well, you know me. If anything, I'm too cautious. I've been done in by knowing I'm that way, then I cut a guy some slack and I end up with another sociopathic liar. I'm trying to have a balance.

#70747 - 06/01/06 06:38 PM Re: I'm in love
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Daisygirl, not to get too personal, but does this guy live in the same area as you or is this a long distance relationship? Just curious. I'm so hoping this works out for you and think he will be one heck of a lucky guy!

JJ

#70748 - 06/01/06 06:40 PM Re: I'm in love
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Daisygirl, This is WONDERFUL news...ever since you wrote about your chance meeting with this man in the Grocery store after so many years I have wondered how it was going ....now I know!!! I truly believe in Kismet...and this sounds like that to me...I'm holding good thoughts that this works out for you...in the meantime...just relax and enjoy the ride... [Smile]

#70749 - 06/02/06 07:35 AM Re: I'm in love
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Don't you love the feeling of being in love? That excited, joyful, energy? What a great diet! I'm so happy for you! [Big Grin]

#70750 - 06/01/06 11:04 PM Re: I'm in love
Daisygirl Offline

He lives within 15 minutes of me.

I'll try to enjoy the ride, but I have a knot in my stomach. If we decide our feelings are mutual, I'll enjoy it more.

Regardless, I don't regret having met him.

#70751 - 06/02/06 03:00 AM Re: I'm in love
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I also met a man recently up in the mountains where I'm staying until this coming week-end. Hes a doctor from Utah, a widower up here with his daughters and their nanny. We've spent quite a bit of time together talking and visiting, then I noticed something that turned me off...Every other word out of this mans mouth was ME! He's one if those men that no one can ever love as much as they love themselves. So I backed away, fast! And here I am on this glorious sunny day in the mountains talking to my boomer friends, content as can be. I'm happy for you Daisygirl and you know they say its when you're not looking that you find Mr. Right.

[ June 01, 2006, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved