The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#70492 - 02/22/06 09:54 AM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
ladybug Offline

Ariadne, I am sorry this has happened to you.

If I could I would PM you but I disabled my PM capabilities more than two weeks ago so I can neither send or receive PM's.

I hope that you will not leave.

#70493 - 02/22/06 07:20 PM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I guess we need to ask if a woman posts a question or her trials during a certain time, does she really want to hear the truth or just get a hug?

In my work with battered women, I can give them a hug but I also have to talk to them in truth or they could end up dead. And, most of them don't want to hear the truth because it will mean changing their lives.

So, it can become frustrating when you're trying to help a woman and she refuses to listen.

Ari, you said you were leaving this site but came back and I want to believe it's because you truly need and want to work through the fiasco with that man who hurt you so deeply. With that, comes working and listening to other women who have experienced the same thing. It can hurt at times but there can be pain in healing.

I've never felt threatened by Chatty or any other woman on this site. I also think PM's have played a big part in the problems here. It's really a form of gossip behind the scenes and I know for sure this is not what Dots wanted for this site.

#70494 - 02/23/06 08:46 AM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I don't believe it to be a matter of asking outright if the woman wants the truth...do you not know what someone is looking for, by what they post...a hug is always a special touch.

Most know... when the person's spirit has dropped, when they need the dusting...a hug. Time presents itself for truth in a loving way...it's never beaten in...but, given in kind loving doses.

If, it at any point it becomes frustrating, we give "time out" to them and ourselves, so we don't say things that hurt... and do more harm than good.

Yes...it could prove to be frustrating, but if we try and make that person to do exactly as we want or say... it would be called control.

People change when they want to change, or sometimes not...it's always at their own pace.
I suppose it's decided by the patience you might process, or at what point your not willing to respond, because the person isn't moving forward. At that point...you've said it all...nothing else to add.

I'm glad you have not been threatened by anyone on this site...it's the way it should be.

But, unfortunately not everyone is feeling the same...sad. Otherwise, they would still be present, and adding their experience to the women who might come here with similar trails.

No, I do not feel Dotsie, wants for there to be gossip behind the scenes either...Pm's or otherwise.

Just my thoughts...

#70495 - 02/22/06 09:11 PM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Ari,
Now, you are putting out negitive message out to everyone on this site . By telling Chatty to get a life . You started this tongne lasking with Chatty . You did not think Chatty was the Dear Abby of the forum. I think it is a compliment to her . Chatty is helpful person and you and others have attached her on purpose . You said she Alienates people . Well, don't you ? You avoid her on the threads. Aren't you guilty of that yourself.

I like Chatty . Dianne , I agree with you about the PM's .

#70496 - 02/22/06 09:51 PM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I believe the purpose of the PM's is to discuss personal things that you don't won't everyone to know about, just a woman you feel you can trust.
I also utilize it when I sense someone needs to feel special or needs personal attention.
I have never seen them as a way to gossip.

#70497 - 02/22/06 11:01 PM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
yepthatsme2 Offline

I use PM's occasionally when I'm thinking of someone, and they haven't been on the site for awhile. I PM'ed mammajude a couple of weeks ago to find out how the job hunting was going for her husband, and to see how she was doing...no gossip.

How would it feel... to ask for your PM's to be disabled.... because others say you are using it for gossip?
Takes a lot of work to be a master mind.

If, your guilty of speading gossip...you know it.

Ari...left the site.

#70498 - 02/22/06 11:09 PM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Sorry to hear about Ari - we all have to find a place where we feel comfortable to be oursleves.

Speaking of gossip - at our very first Bible fellowship, the leader told us something funny (knowing we aare women and we tend to get off subject and speak about people and personal stuff). She said " Secular women gossip, Christian women "share"...She meant it's basically the same thing no matter what you want to call it and you can't "Christianize" gossip.

#70499 - 02/22/06 11:35 PM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
yepthatsme2 Offline

That is so true.

#70500 - 02/22/06 11:52 PM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I disengaged my PM because I was receiving some behind the scenes petty gossip and didn't want to be a part of it.

I also used it to encourage others until this started so if you didn't get those PM's, consider yourself lucky.

#70501 - 02/23/06 12:14 AM Re: Humiliation still haunts me...
Dreamer Offline

I just caught up with this thread and I wonder if PM-ing should be discontinued? I think if everyone can read what is said it will cause all of us to think more carefully about what we say. (Chatty, I read your remarks knowing just what you were trying to get across, but I am an uninvolved party. For whatever it's worth, you were right, in my opinion.)

Communicating on the computer is a little tricky in that the reader can't see the facial expressions or body language of the "speaker", nor can the reader hear inflections of tone. These things can really make a big difference in meaning. Or in interpretation of meaning. I've had people misinterpret things I've said in e-mails, and it's really hard to talk them into accepting what you meant!

Just my thoughts. You all mean so much to me, and this is such a good way to broaden our minds and accept differing view points. Let's not spoil it!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved