The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#70361 - 05/07/06 05:57 AM Re: meeting men
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I think I met a truly nice one, but he sure is slow, and we aren't getting any younger. I've been sitting by the phone for a month. I am staying busy and going on with my life, but this is torture! We are both petrified of getting into a bad relationship. I'm willing to take a risk, but I'm not sure if he is - I bet he isn't sure if he is either.

Daisygirl

#70363 - 05/12/06 01:34 AM Re: meeting men
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anne327, what is string theory?

Daisygirl, I agree, don't wait by the phone for him, why pine for someone who does not return the courtesy. When some men use this disappearing act trick, they know how to manipulate and may even be stringing along other women, too. They have you waiting on the seat cushion just waiting for their call, and when he does finally call, we fall for their tactics. I did this w/ my ex-husband and another relationship after my divorce, not again.

#70364 - 05/12/06 04:23 AM Re: meeting men
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There is a saying that "Time waits for no man." Well a smart womans saying should be, "I wait for no man." Life is too darn short ladies to waste it on 'jelly fish' men.

#70365 - 05/12/06 05:28 PM Re: meeting men
Daisygirl Offline

Oh, he called me during the month, but only about 1 or 2 times a week. It didn't interfere with my life or activities, only my mental state. I realized that last week I informed of all my activities last weekend and that's why he didn't ask me out for last weekend.........hence..........

UPDATE: Last weekend I decided I would invite him to a "alternative music" service at my church. I was giving him mixed signals as he was me and I decided to let him know I was definitely interested. I would then know if he was or not and move on if I needed to. Anyhoo, we went to dinner afterwards and had a great time, he's called me every day since and tonight we're going on our first "real date".

Actually, even though the waiting drove me crazy, it was nice to get to know him slowly without so much pressure. I feel like we're friends and it's not all about sex.

Daisygirl

#70366 - 05/12/06 09:04 PM Re: meeting men
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Daisy, sounds like the torture of waiting is behind you. Can't wait to hear about the real first date. Are you excited? I bet he'd just love knowing you are telling your freinds about this online! [Wink]

[ May 12, 2006, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#70367 - 05/12/06 11:26 PM Re: meeting men
Daisygirl Offline

Yes, I am excited but not anxious. It's all in God's hands, really.

#70370 - 05/15/06 04:53 AM Re: meeting men
Daisygirl Offline

Update: My date was very nice on Friday - very nice indeed. We went to dinner to a Japanese restaurant, but it was aweful! He really felt bad, but it was so bland, I couldn't hide the fact that I didn't like it, especially after I said, gee this tastes like crap. We then went to see RV, which is a great family movie, then home. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and I don't see any sociopathic tendencies or personality defects so far, but believe me, I'm looking for signs.

Daisygirl

#70371 - 05/16/06 12:35 AM Re: meeting men
Anonymous
Unregistered

Daisygirl, I'm delighted that your date went so very well!

#70373 - 05/18/06 08:00 PM Re: meeting men
Daisygirl Offline

Thanks Anne. We'll see how it goes. We now talk nearly every day although I've been out of town and not available very much this week. I don't believe in horoscopes and such, but I got a fortune cookie that said "Take that chance you've been considering." Hmmm.....I guess I will.....

Daisygirl

#70375 - 05/20/06 01:04 AM Re: meeting men
Daisygirl Offline

Okay, here're some "germs" to get you started - okay, how about a prayer?

I prayed for you to meet someone honest, real and good - the perfect guy for you! You may have additional requirements, but God already knows them..........

Daisygirl

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved