The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 208 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#70329 - 04/19/06 10:07 PM Re: meeting men
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, is that the AARP Bulletin, or the magazine?

#70330 - 04/20/06 02:22 AM Re: meeting men
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The magazine....

#70332 - 04/20/06 04:12 AM Re: meeting men
chatty lady Offline
Writer

A few more....know he's a loser/boozer...

When he thinks his beer belly is a 52 inch chest.

When he thinks he's a big spender while going Dutch..

When he asks if he can borrow your big girl panties..

When he thinks the only way to get your attention is to belch or fart..

When his Saturday night date 'T-shirt' reads, Just another sexy bald guy..

When invited to a bar-be-que his apron reads, Will grill for sex..

When he thinks everything tastes better with ketchup..

When his Sunday go to meeting 't-shirt' reads This is not a beer gut, it's a protective covering for my rock hard abs..

When his other 't-shirt' reads, It's my birthday wheres my gift..

When breaking up I would give this fancy dresser a brand new 't-shirt' that reads, GEEZER, formerly known as Stud Muffin...

I hate men that wear t-shirts for every occassion and not necessarily nice clean ones....

#70333 - 04/21/06 03:09 AM Re: meeting men
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Come now ladies there must be more qualities that are as endearing as these are, LOL [Big Grin] [Cool] [Smile] [Razz] [Wink]

#70335 - 04/22/06 06:41 AM Re: meeting men
foundhervoice-atlast Offline

Loc: Colorado
Funny. I got a call from a man today who has been "pursuing" me for the last few months. I decided a while back (after the second time we met for coffee) that I was not interested in him but he persists in calling and emailing. He brags about his sensitivity and thinks he is enlightened about us women because he readily admits to watching Oprah and Dr Phil but in reality he is still a long way off from there.

He refers to women as "girls", or little girls, which really irks me. We recently had a discussion about why women wind up getting the short end of the deal in many divorce situations, especially stay-at-home-moms who have sacrificed their careers in the name of full-time motherhood, and he said (most likely thinking that I'd be impressed by his willingness to put full blame on men as a gender...)that men are to blame because they don't give their wives quite enough independence. Ouch!

I told him that independence is not something that a man grants a woman...it is something that women are all on their own and not something they get as a gift from a benificent ruler/husband. He didn't get it....and I suspect he is - on a relative scale - one of the "good ones". LOL!

foundhervoice-atlast

#70336 - 04/22/06 06:33 PM Re: meeting men
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
foundhervoice, where did you two meet? I hope you're being careful with this new dating scene.

Anne, your last one was gross.

Where do you and chatty find this stuff?

#70339 - 04/23/06 01:09 AM Re: meeting men
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Think maybe you need a 'new scale' or to have the old one 'recalabrated' foundhervoiceatlast...LOL [Wink]

#70340 - 04/23/06 06:26 AM Re: meeting men
foundhervoice-atlast Offline

Loc: Colorado
I met this guy on a plane back in December, on my way home from two weeks at my dad's side in the hospital.I guess it was nice to have someone pay attention to me and find me attractive, especially since my husband was divorcing me after 20+ years. I was definitely not looking for male companionship at the time, and the only reason I agreed to go out for coffee was because I was feeling very lost and lonely.

It's funny that Anne said she had a really bad feeling about him (thanks Anne! I respect those intuitive gifts!)and asked to hear something good about him. After reading all of your posts I guess I'm not sure what that would be. Maybe it was enough that a man looked at me without anger, disdain or criticism in his eyes for me to feel that he was a good guy. Scary, huh? Pathetic, actually...

In any case, I have decided that I am definitely in the "a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle" stage of my life and have absolutely no interest in dating. Period. I need to take this time to develop my own power, both emotionally and financially and I cannot do that with a man in my life. Twenty years of subservience was more than enough for this "girl". I think I'll invest in some new batteries and go solo...

Thank you so much for your concerns. It makes me feel good to know that friends like you are out there watching my back.

Virtual hugs and kisses to you all,
Foundhervoice-atlast

#70341 - 04/23/06 10:22 PM Re: meeting men
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I don't think we should condemn an entire gender because of a few nut cases. Men are just imperfect human beings like the rest of us. They're sometimes shy and afraid and they hurt just like women do. Only one guy in the whole world is right for you so the weirdness of the others shouldn't matter.

My advice would be to be very careful even of the nice guys and immediately dump anyone who scares you, but enjoy the admiration of the rest. Let them take you to coffee, to dinner and out dancing then go home happily alone. Don't let them near your heart until the right guy comes along. After all, there are about 3 billion men in the world and only one who is right for you. The others are just for entertainment.

The fish without a bicycle swims in the huge ocean all alone.

smile

[ April 23, 2006, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#70342 - 04/23/06 11:48 PM Re: meeting men
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Smile,
Thanks. I kept looking at this thread and feeling uncomfortable. Yes, there are some men (and women) out there with huge problems. But there are many men out there who are good people.

I have gone through a "hate men" stage in my life, so I know the feeling. Fortunately, I got past it. I also got less desperate to have one and found more time to have myself.

Just my two cents -- take what you like and leave the rest.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved