The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#69990 - 10/12/05 02:23 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Fluffy?

#69991 - 10/12/05 02:24 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Bluebird Offline

Sometimes I feel puffy...and stuffy...but,fluffy?

#69992 - 10/12/05 02:39 AM Re: Cyber Dating
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Our family mantra is...I'm not fat...I'm fluffy! [Smile]

#69993 - 10/12/05 02:41 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
This was what JJ said a man would have to like....

"Oh yeah, and he like short, fluffy women. How's that?

JJ"

I think it is a sweet way to describe ones' self!

d.

#69994 - 10/12/05 03:03 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Our word is "tender."

#69995 - 10/12/05 04:15 AM Re: Cyber Dating
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Western Bluebeard, imagine my surprise when this hunk of a man who resembled long time deceased Jeff Chandler (before he died,lol) with a sexy low voice winking at me as the word 'jammies' slithered from his lips. Talk about a let down, no wonder I refuse to date. Let my guard down for a second and its weirdo time...I think the only kind of man I haven't experienced has been a serial killer, so I've decided to quit while I'm ahead... [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

[ October 11, 2005, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#69996 - 10/12/05 04:19 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Bluebird Offline

LOL - chatty, you are just too much!!

#69997 - 10/12/05 04:49 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
So, I was going to mention all of your names, but I got confused with so many,

As some of you know, my daughter just recently passed away, but what you don't know is that I was at home caring for her for many years - and completely out of the dating circuit - I was just thinking that (it will be 6 months on the 20th )it might be nice to get out, be with someone attractive and have a nice dinner, but after reading all this, I believe I have a proposal-- any prospective date must be interviewed by all of you, plus any family members available and if you attend a church, them too. You know, a board. Since most of us don't have Dad anymore, we'll just have to use each other. I'm not at all sure that prearranged marriages (or at least dates) should ever have been dumped in the first place. At least prospective suitors were pre-screened!!!! Well, I'm only half joking, but it must be a jungle out there!

#69998 - 10/12/05 10:28 PM Re: Cyber Dating
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I think it would be a bit better if we could confine all these horror dates to men in a certain age group. Maybe, they were...wild and ran with wolves, who knows...

But, it doesn't seem to be confined to a certain age. Take for instance...my daughter is 21, talkative, personality plus, sensitive, caring, beautiful, size 5....(yes, I'm bragging)...having the hardest time finding a decent male friend her age.

Most either have a ex-wife, ex-boyfriend, babies that they don't support, other unknown girlfriends, man friend priority's (baseball, football, mud-bog). Several with out jobs, one sat on my couch on 3 different occasions without speaking at all, one drove a late model Porche and no job, one lied everytime he opened his mouth, her last told her he was 26 (he looked it) come to find out he was 40. [Eek!]
So now...everytime she brings a man home, the questions in order are:

Do you have a:
ex wife
ex boyfriend
girlfriend (that follows you, or... your still together with)?
men friends, you can spend time away from
current drivers license (let's see it)
job
criminal record

Sad, because she is really looking for a meaningful relationship.
I would really dislike being in the dating field today.

[Smile]

Brenda

[ October 12, 2005, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Brenda ]

#69999 - 10/12/05 11:04 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Searcher, I like your idea of a dating board. The men would have to fill out a questionaire, including their SS# so we could do a background check on him. If they pass that section, they would have to be interviewed by "the board" and then we could take a vote. If he passes, well, then he would be authorized to meet said Boomer Woman for a cocktail, but only if they drive seperately.

I'm very sorry about your daughter, Searcher, you must be going through a difficult period. It would be good for you to go out and socialize a little. I do believe there are some good guys out there and you don't have to marry them, just have fun.

I used to think I was a weirdo magnet, but after hearing y'all's stories, I'm beginning to see I'm not alone.

Another story - My pastor fixed me up with his ex-brother-in-law who he and his wife loved dearly. He lived out of town, about 5 hrs away so we talked on the phone for a few months before I met him. He seemed very intelligent, was a Christian and I was interested, until he told me he loved me and asked me to marry him - yes, before we ever laid eyes on each other. When he came to town I met him and he was very shabby and had a couple of teeth missing, and they were in the front. Like JJ said......buh bye.....

Daisygirl

Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved