The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#69980 - 10/11/05 10:40 PM Re: Cyber Dating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Don't you just love the commericals on e-harmony.com and they way they are trying to convince singles everywhere that all you have to do is take their personality test and you'll meet Mr. Right? And of course I'm sure not one person who takes those quizzes LIES. Nu uh. Not one.

What I hate are people who try to "fix me up." By the way, if someone, ANYONE, tells you they have a nice personality, RUN. This means you couldn't drink um pretty.

They think since I'm single, I must not have a life at all. I'm sad...lonely, depressed, and desperate. And that's just my Mother talking. Give me a break! I love being single. And I've even had people say, "that is sooo weird." Yet in the course of the conversation, they will admit how UNHAPPY they are married. And when you tell a guy you're dating that you never want to re-marry, they look at you like "uh huh..sure." They don't believe you.

WHY?

JJ

#69981 - 10/11/05 11:09 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I was on e-harmony for 1 month. I only was in contact with one man and he wanted to be sure I would be willing to travel to remote, primitive areas for his hobby, which was something like model airplanes. My response was that my idea of roughing it is staying in a Paris hotel without air conditioning. He then stated that he and I were incompatible - no kidding Dick Tracy! What really got me was that before he had even met me, he was already finding out what I could do for HIM!

JJ I'm sorry to say these men get their ideas from women who are desperate to get married and think they can't live without a man. Well, it doesn't help that some men are narrow minded and not open to new ways of thinking.

I have a few friends who are happily married, but even they will say they don't think they'd get married again if anything happened to their husbands. Marriage does not guarantee happiness, it's all about making the best of the situation we are in.

DG

#69982 - 10/11/05 11:18 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I don't think you're crazy for enjoying being single. There's no one to argue with over every single decision!!! It's soooooooo tiring...

#69983 - 10/11/05 11:19 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
The last post wwas for JJ

#69984 - 10/12/05 12:10 AM Re: Cyber Dating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

If I had just met someone and they said, "will you go to remote places?" I would be going "buh bye!" That's scary in itself! Good for you for being so honest and upfront! My idea of roughing it is a hotel that doesn't have continential breakfast...I'm with you.

And thanks Western. JJ

#69985 - 10/12/05 12:43 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Okay, you gals have my curiosity up and running. I'm gonna have to visit one of these sites and check it out. And, what is a wink?

#69986 - 10/12/05 12:55 AM Re: Cyber Dating
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Hi, all,
I have read all the posts and enjoyed the levity!
Dianne, a "wink" is usually something you can do for free, without actually paying to join the website. You can still search and read the profiles, send and receive "winks," but if you want to correspond thru the site, you have to pay money.
About Eharmony...It's a crock, and I speak from experience. Don't waste your money or your time. The test is long, and you may think it actually does match you with someone compatible, but NOT!!!
Chatty, your story was funny, but also disheartening to know you met a "church" guy who behaved so outrageously!
I'll post some other nightmare Internet meetings soon.
ARI

#69987 - 10/12/05 01:11 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I've decided the only way I would have a man in my life is if he made my life better.......not worse. Traveling somewhere to play with toy airplanes is NOT something I would want to do., unless I was on safari or something adventurous like that.

#69988 - 10/12/05 01:50 AM Re: Cyber Dating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I think the only way I would have one in my life again would be long distance. A REALLLL long distance. And he would be financially stable, no Mother or children...or ex-wife. One foot on a banana peel and the other in the grave... and wanting to leave all of his money to me. What? Did I leave something out? Oh yeah, and he like short, fluffy women. How's that?

JJ

#69989 - 10/12/05 02:18 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Short, fluffy, FUNNY women!

Amen sister!

D.

P.S ...I know this guy...he's really nice.......

Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved