The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#69960 - 10/11/05 01:15 AM Re: Cyber Dating
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Thanks, Jawjaw...
He really was a nut!
I actually have others equally as bad, LOL!
ARI

#69961 - 10/11/05 02:50 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Ariadne, I had the same experience, except that I met him at the restaurant and he didn't know where I lived. But he looked about 30 years older than his picture and about 40 lbs. heavier. He said he was an engineer, but his language skills didn't match up to his education.

I had the exgirlfriend problem with the last guy I dated. This guy was a keeper except that he wasn't over her plus he was a control freak. We ran into the ex on our first date. So we were sitting at an outdoor country music concert (which I don't like) I was sweating like a pig and feeling totally miserable plus my date was a mess. I excused myself, left and called a girlfriend to pick me up. I ended up dating him for a few months, because he called many times and sent a card with a very sincere apology, but he still wasn't over her. Mostly, it was that he couldn't control her anymore. That was the worst date I ever had......well, I should say the worst date with a man who was sober.

Daisygirl

#69962 - 10/11/05 03:01 AM Re: Cyber Dating
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
LOL, and LOL, Daisy...
Thanks for sharing.
ARI

#69963 - 10/11/05 05:00 AM Re: Cyber Dating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You women are cracking me up! I've already told about the worse one I ever had in one of these forums so I won't put you through it again, but Lord! Some of these men take the cake, don't they? I'm finding that SOME I meet, (not all mind you, just some) cannot get past the fact that I'm content to live alone, and have no plans for remarrying. I had one guy tell me that's not normal... uh huh, sure. But him wanting me to sit next to him in the car on the first date is? ewwwww...I wanted to pit up. I said, "don't think sooooo!" What a yahoo...

More! tell more!

JJ

#69964 - 10/11/05 05:12 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
J.J.,

We want an encore of your "worst story". (unless it's on this current link and I haven't gone back).

D.

P.S I looove your photo for nabbw - you are a very lovely looking lady! humor and looks - who could ask for more! no wonder the men are beating down your door!

#69965 - 10/11/05 05:25 AM Re: Cyber Dating
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This is something I have never told you guys but about 9 months ago I met a man in Church. He was with a couple I know and after services we went to the coffee shop and sat and talked and laughed and had alot of fun. He called me a few nights later and asked for a "get together," his exact words! He knew where I lived because he asked my friends. I said I could be ready at 7:00 PM. Whenn he showed up he looked quite handsome in tan slacks and brown shirt and has the most gorgeous head of silver wavy hair. He patted the dogs as he sat in the sofa. I said aren't we leaving? "Oh I thought you understood, I wanted us to get together, you know? He had carried in with him a small brief case thingy. I said whats inside, and he said, "my jamies." I never even turned to look at him just opened the door and said. get out!" Before he could protest I slammed the door and he left. Can you imagine the gall of this man. He was apparently use to another type of woman. Now when I see him in Church he goes the other way. I told my friends we just didn't see eye to eye....Whats with these stupid men??

[ October 10, 2005, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#69966 - 10/11/05 06:22 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty,

What a story! And a church man even!!!
eeeekkkkkkk! WHAT is the world coming to?

frightened in Colorado!

d.

#69967 - 10/11/05 06:28 AM Re: Cyber Dating
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
That is absolutely unbelievable! [Eek!]
What a fine upstanding church going man, that was.
My mouth fell open, just reading your post.
Don't know how you held back....I would have been one "wild woman".

#69968 - 10/11/05 06:34 AM Re: Cyber Dating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Eye to Eye wasn't what he was counting on. What a jerk Chatty! Okay girls, you've asked for it. Back by popular demand... and I do backyard parties and BBQ's too.

I'll give you the short version.

Had a date with a guy from high school that I hadn't seen in 30+ years. A "friend" set us up. He shows up in my driveway coming to a screaching halt in a brand new corvette...I'm thinking, okay, I can deal with this. Then he opens his mouth.

He is a Viet Nam vet who lives off of disability because he claims he is shell shocked. He did everything but admit right out to me there was nothing wrong, but he loved the 5000 thousand a month he got from the government. And...if they ever threatened to take it away, he would simply do something like poked a hole in his wall at home and they would declare him unfit, and his checks kept coming.

The first words out of his mouth when we left for the date were "let's go spin some of YOUR money." I of course looked puzzled AND scared, then he said, "Well, the way I see it...you work, I don't. The government take taxes out of your check to pay ME each month, so in essence, we are spending YOUR money."

I suffered thru the B O R I N G evening with him talking on and on about himself, NEVER even asking me where I worked, or if I was a serial killer (which crossed my mind) or if I had children, nutin. Not one thing.

The next day when he called and asked me out again, I said, "don't think so...We don't have anything in common." He was shocked and called me every name in the book except a good hunting dog...I ain't lying.

Two days later, he sent me a dozen roses apologizing, asking me to reconsider. When I said not NO, AND GO AWAY, he asked me to pay for my half of the dinner from the date. Since he had eaten HALF of my dinner that night AFTER he had eaten HIS entire dinner, and then had dessert, I asked him which half he wanted me to pay for, the half he had eaten, or the half of the half I had eaten...

I finally had to threaten to have my sons visit him to get him to leave me alone...and trust me, they would have.

This guy is brilliant, a member of Menza, and could have done anything he wanted with his life. Instead he chose to be a bum (in my estimation)

And this is the short version...as I told Louisa, he is about as useful as a bucket under a bull.

JJ

#69969 - 10/11/05 06:39 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Well, they say the church is a place full of sinners!

JJ Come on with the story!

Do any of you guys have this problem? If I'm nice to them, they run. If I'm indifferent, they fall in love. And of course I'm indifferent because I don't like them. If I ever marry, it will be with someone I don't like. If I have to be with someone I don't like, I'm going to at least make sure he has a job and doesn't mind sleeping in the spare room so my dog can sleep with me.

Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved