The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#69950 - 10/09/05 09:24 PM Re: Cyber Dating
bubelah Offline

Loc: South Florida
Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum and was drawn to this thread. The best experience of my life came from a cyber introduction. I was a widow and met a man through a cyber site. We met for coffee and it was as though a magnet were pulling me in. We were together for two glorious years and finally made the decision to move in together. Three weeks after that happened he collapsed and passed away leaving me heartbroken.

I had truly finally met my soulmate and the memories will live in me forever. I do not regret at all my venture into cyber dating.
Ann

#69951 - 10/09/05 10:04 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ann,

What a sweet story with such a sad ending!

Welcome to the site - make yourself at home!

Danita

#69952 - 10/09/05 10:06 PM Re: Cyber Dating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ann, thanks for sharing another side to the issue and I'm so sorry it turned out this way! How sad. You are so wise to be grateful for the time you did have together. Memories can be beautiful!

Welcome to the forum and jump in and post whenever you want!

JJ

#69953 - 10/10/05 07:35 AM Re: Cyber Dating
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Bubelah, I am sorry for your loss and wish you welcome to the Boomer site.

#69954 - 10/10/05 05:39 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Bubelah, oh my garcious. You must have been crushed. Don't you wonder about the Lord's timing in all of life?

Welcome. There are a couple women in here who met their spouses on the internet. I also know a young couple in their late 20's who met on the internet and are happily married.

I don't promote it since I have teens and am petrified of them talking to strangers online.

#69955 - 10/10/05 10:36 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bubelah, I'm so sorry for your loss. My blessings and prayers are with you.

#69956 - 10/10/05 10:40 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ariadne54:

I understand! Many of those descriptions are deceptive and sadly there are guides/web sites that benefit men and how they can "herd" women through internet dating (typical players). I've noted that men also have ads at several sites, with the same (if not more) photos of themselves with a varying degree of descriptions to entice women. Guess its like shopping for shoes sometimes, yet perhaps not as fun! You can return shoes, but men are another issue! I was informing a friend today that I wish men had bar codes so women could scan their pasts!

If you could post some of the deceptions you've encountered I would be interested and may ad a few myself. Perhaps to help others if not get a good laugh!

#69957 - 10/10/05 10:50 PM Re: Cyber Dating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Excellent idea MustangGal! Excellent. I don't scan these forums/cyber dating things, but I think stories about the experiences and/or descriptions, deceptions, would be interesting. Please do!

JJ

#69958 - 10/11/05 12:53 AM Re: Cyber Dating
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Okey dokey! Here's one:
The fella posted a much younger pic on the site, saying he was 48, a college grad and a "genius."
Upon meeting him in person, I noticed immediately he was much older than his pic. First thing I noticed in conversing was he wouldn't look me in the eyes while talking, but turned his head sideways! He was age 52, had less than one year of college (flunking out), and was grieving the loss of his much younger girlfriend of whom he talked the whole evening. When he broke down in tears over his "surf and turf," I realized I was with someone who was emotionally unstable. He never listened to anything I said, nor did he ask about me, my interests. He kept apologizing in a whining way about talking incesssantly about the old girlfriend, but I just said, "Oh, that's okay...Go ahead and talk about her!" We returned to the parking lot where we met, and I said goodnight. When he got home, he wrote me a nasty email because I didn't invite him up to my house to have sex!!!! In subsequent emails he told me he was driving past my house in the middle of the night (though he lived 2 hours away from me!). I responded that it sounded like "potential stalking," and he replied with more nasty emails. I removed that email account after that.
ARI

#69959 - 10/11/05 01:02 AM Re: Cyber Dating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

OMG! That is so scary! What a first class jerk. I hope you related this incident to family and friends. I would want someone to know, just in case. I once had a date with a guy who pulled something similar, only the date was set up from a mutual friend(?). Anyway, when he insisted on calling me and sending threatening emails, I let him know if I got another one, THE SONS would be paying him a visit. Never heard from him again. Girl, count yourself lucky! WOW! No wonder you've given up on this type of meeting.

JJ

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved