The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#69930 - 09/20/05 06:56 PM Cyber Dating
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies:

I'm considering cyber dating for a few months, yet am concerned about "safe" dating, pros, cons, bad apples, etc.

For instance, I note that many men are looking for "any" and "all" types of women, which is rather discouraging b/c is sounds desperate. Also, I fear that "hidden agendas" exist, i.e., S-E-X! [Roll Eyes]

I thought that I would give it a calculated risk to overcome my fears of dating and perhaps learn how to mix w/ men again. I've only had a couple dating experiences, one of which was frightening and the other not so frightening, but not yet accustomed to the "nice guys." I've always been attracted to the "bad boys" or ambivalent men. Now, it would be nice to mingle and choose as I please. Afterall, the dates are simply "interviews".

Thank you gals. [Confused]

#69931 - 09/21/05 07:38 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
MustangGal, I have had a little experience with on-line dating and didn't have much luck. I did meet some men who seemed very nice, professional and decent. You do need to take precautions and never give anyone your home phone number because they can get your address from it, use your cell phone. Meet in a public place such as a reputable restaurant. I never did give any personal information such as my employer's name. Don't believe everything they tell you. Some embellish their jobs, lifestyle, etc. Think of marketing principals when you develop your profile.

It is possible to meet someone this way, but don't go into it with expectations. Just think of it as a fun thing to do and a way to gain experience with dating.

Here are some situations I ran into: One guys picture looked about 30 years younger than he did. He was the one who was training his puppy with an electronic zapper. One guy sort of stood me up and sort of was enough for me. I was the one rejected several times for whatever reason, but I've been dating for 15 years and have learned not to take it personal. I met one guy for dinner and he wanted to hold my hand over the table and get all romantic and it was the first time I had met him - eewwww! On my profile I could see that hundreds of men looked at me and passed - not very heartening. Some emailed me, but I could tell they were bubbas or just after sex.

You are correct that many men are desperate. I think they find it more difficult to be alone than we do.

I hope this doesn't discourage you. I only want to prepare you for some possible scenarios.

Good luck!
Daisygirl

#69932 - 09/20/05 09:16 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Sera Offline

Loc: Fairfield, Ct. USA
MustangGal..I'm glad Daisygirl gave you the sound advice of being cautious...so many people can actually "hide" their true selves online! [Eek!] I, however, am part of the other side of the story..I met my husband online and we've been married over 6 years now! We emailed for weeks, then phoned each other for a couple of more weeks, before meeting at a mall. We spent 10 hours in each other's company that day, browsing and talking, and the rest, as they say, was history! [Smile] Sometimes you DO have to kiss a lot of cyber-toads (not literally) to find the prince, but I found mine, and I'm very thrilled I took the chance. Be careful and the best of luck to you if you try! Blessings....S.

[ September 20, 2005, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Sera ]

#69933 - 09/20/05 11:22 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Daisygirl Offline

Sera, congratulations on your good fortune! I have a question for you, how many men did you have to meet before you found your Mr. Right?

Daisygirl

#69934 - 09/21/05 12:52 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Sera Offline

Loc: Fairfield, Ct. USA
Hey Daisygirl! Thanks for the congrats! I never physically met any of the other men I emailed or spoke with by phone...only my husband. He "struck a note" with me when we emailed and talked, so we met. I freely admit my good fortune-it's not easy finding a good man these days...ask my daughter, who's still looking. [Frown] Blessings...S.

#69935 - 09/21/05 05:57 PM Re: Cyber Dating
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm laughing as I type this, yet I did sign up as a free user with www.true.com a few days ago. Sadly, I took the sex compatable test and stopped halfway through the other test, thinking I would revisit them later. Last night, upon checking my email, there were several responses, I did not know why b/c did not finish the tests nor have I (nor shall I) post a photo. Well, interestingly, the sex test was available and apparantely this is all the men were interested in! Just as soon as I figure out how, I'll delete that criteria from my personality!

In stitches now, but one of the guys w/ a photo ID had no teeth! One was 25! Oh dear! I'm amending my viewable personality ASAP!

#69936 - 09/22/05 02:21 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Mustang,

Yeeee Hawwww! You go girl!

d.

#69937 - 09/22/05 02:50 AM Re: Cyber Dating
Daisygirl Offline

Some men are looking for a nursemaid, and some men are looking for a dentist!

#69938 - 09/22/05 06:35 AM Re: Cyber Dating
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
You ladies are in sync with what our future holds. Online dating is becoming more acceptable and widespread.

I say.......YOU GO GIRLS!

Teresa

#69939 - 09/23/05 05:03 AM Re: Cyber Dating
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its hard enough to be happy with a man you meet in person and date awhile before getting serious, let alone some slug on the computer who can be anyone he wants to be, look anyway he imagines he looks and lie, lie, lie. But who am I to judge? If this is the so called future way of dating we are all dammed and the losers will rule the world.....!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved