The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 100 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#69777 - 06/23/05 07:54 AM Re: Chocolate Factory
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Oh no you don't JJ. I'm getting chatty. You can have somebody else. You can have the angel with the holey wings and the skinny cloud.
I get Chatty!!
smile

#69778 - 06/23/05 04:56 PM Re: Chocolate Factory
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
mefirster...

JJ

#69779 - 06/23/05 05:26 PM Re: Chocolate Factory
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well hopefully we won't any of us have to be that old and needy before we can meet. I owe you both, JJ and Smile a big fat hug, oh and I never travel without lots of chocolate...Never know when the need will arise... [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] Ijust hope the old folks have as much fun with us as we do with them....

#69780 - 06/24/05 05:25 PM Re: Chocolate Factory
chickadee Offline

Chatty, I can only imagine the satisfaction you get from doing this. Do you take different ladies each time or are they your group? I like talking to the elderly, they are so wise.

chick

#69781 - 06/25/05 07:33 AM Re: Chocolate Factory
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, I commend you for taking time for the elderly. They were all just like us not too long ago. Hard to believe, isn't it?

I know a man who takes his dog to several retirement homes and nursing homes. It brings him such joy. Chatty, think of not having a pet in your home. That's another thing they give up to live in those places. Hey, there's an idea for you. Take your pets along. [Wink]

#69782 - 06/25/05 04:34 AM Re: Chocolate Factory
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dotsie I have taken both Reeta & Rosee there many Sunday mornings and the residents spoil them with crousants and jam and other treats. Its so strange because my Rosee is a little love bug to everyone but Reeta is not and she has to be watched closely. Yet when with the old ones she is so gentle and kind and never growls or gets that naughty look in her eye. She seems to know the difference...I have taken a basket of kittens as well and my friend brings her yellow Boa. Some of them had never petted a snake before... [Smile]

#69783 - 06/25/05 04:54 PM Re: Chocolate Factory
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Chatty! I cannot believe that! A snake! Wow! I am astounded they let someone do that. No..no...I'm not saying its a bad thing, just that I'm surprised. I bet that gets some stares! ha! I've taken da Trixster to the VA home here and the men love her. It breaks my heart when they start talking about the dog/cat/bird/whatever they had when they were boys. As you say, Trixie seems to sense the ones that need a tad more loving than say another man, and she will go over and just lay her head down in their lap. That's when the tears flow...mine and the men's.

However, Trixie gets too excited sometimes and she weighs over 60 pounds so I have to really keep her on a leash...She doesn't EVER growl or get mean, but she just wants to go in every single room. Sometimes, that's not a good thing.

JJ

#69784 - 06/26/05 07:19 AM Re: Chocolate Factory
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, I should have known. I'll pet the kittens and dogs, but you can have the boa!

#69785 - 06/26/05 03:30 AM Re: Chocolate Factory
chatty lady Offline
Writer

JJ you would be surprised (I was) by the people wanting to touch the snake, Sunshine is bright yellow and about 3 feet long and has orange eyes. Most people are fascinated at how quiet and gentle she is and that snakes ARE NOT slimy at all...

Trixter wants to go into every room because thats her job, and she apparently loves her work. My best friend Sandy owned a boxer for 16 years, a wonderful dog and sooo smart! [Wink]

#69786 - 06/26/05 03:46 AM Re: Chocolate Factory
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chatty,
I was going to fight JJ for you as my own personal angel.
But the snake thing is making your angel cloud a little shakey. In fact, it's causing a full blown cloud quake.
I'm thinking I could be a little bit more generous with JJ. I say I just pass the snake right on to her.
Now if I'm ever in a nursing home and your friend comes in with the snake, I'm outta' there. If my heart doesn't give out and move me right on up to heaven, I'll get in a jet propelled wheelchair and ESCAPE.
Dogs are fine as long as they don't growl or bite, but snakes give me the heeby jeebies. YUK
smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved