The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 200 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#69685 - 08/11/05 05:34 AM Re: Dating....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne now thats a great idea. Just don't tell them where you live or give them a phone number unless you can screen the calls. I date socially for dinner but then go home in my own car. I always say I have to meet them wherever because I will be coming straight from an appointment and that works good. I prefer to go out with the girls however and have alot more fun too...always! [Razz]

#69686 - 08/11/05 06:24 AM Re: Dating....
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
You should be careful giving out your home phone number anyway because with 'reverse lookup' they can put your phone number in the computer and find your address and a map to your house.

A friend showed me that and it scared me.

I don't think that works with cell phones though so I suppose you could give that out to anyone without fearing they would track you down.

smile

#69687 - 08/11/05 06:47 AM Re: Dating....
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I'm afraid to invite one "possible" travel partner because she is wild. Older than me, but she'll sleep with anybody at the drop of a hat. Dangerous and stupid in my mind. I much prefer a good book on a balcony somewhere over the bar scene.

Another possible travel buddy would be so clingy that I'd never have a minute alone. There has GOT to be a solution!

I am considering going to one of my favorite island destinations alone this fall. I have always wanted to do that (and know quite a few people there). And it doesn't hurt that there is a man I've always been just a bit interested in who lives there (I'm not desperate, but I'm not dead either. LOL).

Now, before you all have a stroke, I don't even know if he'll be there when I go, and yes, I WOULD go anyway whether he was there or not. The point is to get away and have some solitude and get some rest. But it wouldn't hurt to have dinner with a hunk, IF it worked out (and IF he isn't married, I don't even have that tidbit of information). He did give me a hello hug and kiss on the cheek last time I was there, and said he'd tried to email me. But, he could have been emailing due to business. I was with a big group and never got a chance to find out. In any case, nothing wrong with a little fantasy!

Whirlwind

[ August 10, 2005, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Whirlwind ]

#69688 - 08/11/05 05:19 PM Re: Dating....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
WW, have you considered a cruise for singles? I don't know anyone who has gone on one but it sounds safe and fun. Just a thought.

Chatty, I was so bad, when I was single and a guy would ask me for my phone number and I didn't want to give it to him, I had the Dial A Prayer number memorized and gave that to him. [Big Grin] Then I would pray I never ran into him again. LOL!

#69689 - 08/11/05 06:03 PM Re: Dating....
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I've heard of singles cruises too. I could be wrong, but I'm afraid that would be a real "meat market", and more suited to my wilder friend.

Guess I'm a fuddy-duddy at heart because I don't want or need 24/7 activity and "fun."

Whirlwind

#69690 - 08/12/05 07:52 AM Re: Dating....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Maybe you could find a group of women who want to go to the same destination as you.

My cousin's wife, who is recently widowed, has been traveling to Europe a lot with female friends but I'm not sure where she met them. I'll try to find out if she is home.

#69691 - 08/15/05 05:11 AM Re: Dating....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There are ads in our local newspaper for singles wanting a traveling companion. My friend from Chicago answered an ad met a nice man and they became friends and they have traveled to Greece and to Rome and are going to Ireland in a month. They have separate rooms yet share meals and excursions together. She says he is very funny and sweet and they have a ball together, neither wants to take it any further. Sounds like fun to me with none of the hassles.

[ August 14, 2005, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#69692 - 08/27/05 07:25 AM Re: Dating....
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Dating really is rarely any fun. The guys I like don't like me and the ones who do like me I don't like them.

I did the Match.com thing. One guy had tatoos all over his arms and legs - and they were of cartoon characters..... One guy was about 20 years older than his picture and he electricuted his puppy for discipline. I don't believe any of them expected sex, though. I always met them somewhere.

I was shopping with one guy I had been casually seeing for about a month. He shoplifted right in front of me!!! I immediately had him drop me at my car and he actually said "You're going to stop seeing me because of THAT?"

About 5 years ago I was engaged for a short time to a guy who lied about how many children he had - and the 2 extra were 4 & 5 years old - the entire time we dated, he never had them on the weekend. And he didn't understand that I ended it because it showed his true character, that he was not trustworthy. He thought it was because I didn't want kids.

I am a weirdo and sociopath magnet, both with men and women friends.

#69693 - 08/26/05 11:52 PM Re: Dating....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Good grief! You could write a book on bad dates. My word.

#69694 - 08/27/05 07:32 AM Re: Dating....
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
And that's only a drop in the bucket......but at least I don't keep them around.

My friends have always said I should write a book.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved