The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#69665 - 05/03/05 07:36 AM Re: Dating....
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear Ariadne

The world was designed to see only the physical, aside from religion. Unfortunately, the spirituality of the heart has not been addressed, how to use the application of spirit within the physical world.

And so the men see only what they see and feel only what they want to feel, until the call within comes.

There are many men who are also on the journey to find the peace within. One day, such a one as this will appear and you will be blessed Ariadne.
But you can't look because it only happens when you're not looking, for the mysteries of your heart will bring you your greatest desires.

And the journey of the heart, the road to peace is the greatest desire there ever lived and within that peace you will know greater desires that will also be fulfilled.

One day within the light of time, your heart will draw to you the greatest love and within that love the blessing of life lives and the sharing of hearts, however that appears.

We just have to let go, move within and see the dreams that come and the life that will open up in each step, in each piece of beauty we encounter. For that is the law of the spirit and of the heart.

Be well and be happy, remember who you are inside, the beauty and the peace for that encompasses all and bring the dreams to fruition.

With love
Leigha

#69666 - 05/03/05 05:59 PM Re: Dating....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Leigha, that was lovely.

Let go and let God. It's much easier said than done, but when we do it... we are the winners along with God who joyfully showers us with His blessings.

We simply need to open our eyes. They are happening all around us.

I recommend a gratitude journal.

I did this years ago. I had a hard time finding things to be thankful for when I began. After a few weeks I couldn't stop writing. This activity alone can change your thoughts from negative to positive.

#69667 - 05/03/05 10:17 PM Re: Dating....
leigha Offline

Dear Dotsie

A gratitude journal is a wonderful idea Dotsie, a beautiful way to stay focused on the beauty within and without.

Thankfulness is the heart's way of saying truth exists, beauty exists and the abundance of life exists rather than the lack, and thus allowing us to experience more of the same beauty.

The heart is so mysterious, when we let go life flourishes, when we try to control out of fear we create pain and anguish.

Love the mystery of life and the gift, how beautiful, how enriching, how loving. What more could we ask for. The heart of God himself living within, the gift.

Thankfulness, the heart of it all.

I would like to thank you Dotsie for the beauty of your heart that has brought together so many women for healing and sharing the love that lives inside us all. I am grateful that love such as yours has brought together so many women for healing and sharing. May happiness always walk with your days and may the light of love always be reflected back to you.

With love and care
Leigha

#69668 - 05/04/05 07:13 AM Re: Dating....
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by leigha:
I would like to thank you Dotsie for the beauty of your heart that has brought together so many women for healing and sharing the love that lives inside us all. May happiness always walk with your days and may the light of love always be reflected back to you.
Leigha

That is lovely Leigha and expresses the sentiments of us all. Thank you.
smile

#69669 - 05/05/05 02:53 AM Re: Dating....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

oh Leigha...thank you so much. It's my pleasure! Funny what happens when you open your heart to the Holy Spirit. [Big Grin] We are blessed beyond our imagination.

#69670 - 05/05/05 08:06 AM Re: Dating....
leigha Offline

Dear Dotsie

To touch another's heart is the greatest gift. To bless the beauty of another brings only joy and great light. It is with deep gratitude that life has brought to me the heart and spirit of the love that lives within the beauty of your heart.

Thank you Dotsie for your lovely words and yes the Holy Spirit, the life breath of beauty shines with such great love we are all blessed.

With love
Leigha

#69671 - 05/05/05 08:08 AM Re: Dating....
leigha Offline

Dear Smile

Thank you for your lovely words and may love always bless your light and your heart.

With love
Leigha

#69672 - 05/23/05 08:09 AM Re: Dating....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

OK, I KNOW I'm living in the dark ages. But what ever happened to good old fashioned "dating?
===================================
Wirlwind.
Try these chunks from my review of the book "Just Not into You." It may have the answers you seek.

Page 55 He’s not into you
This is what it should look like. By Greg
My friend Mike liked my friend Laura. After band practice he asked her out and now they’re married. My friend Russell met this girl Amy And they dated and got married. My friend Jeff met this girl out of town and went and visited her the next weekend and never stopped visiting her until he moved in with her.
It’s really that simple. It’s almost always that simple.

This is what it really looks like. By Sparticuss

My friend Trish was a very prim and proper type. Professional virgin! Dated heaps of guys but she was so prim and proper in style that she was the one who usually had to do the asking them out. Ended up asking out, what appeared to be just one more guy and came back from that first date engaged. I don’t know who actually proposed the marriage but she was the one who had asked him out on the date. They have been happily married for almost twenty years now. One thing that amused everyone was that she still made it to the altar as a virgin bride. But only because they got engaged and married so fast.

My cousin Anne was minding her own business in a bar when a drunk came up and started chatting to her. Nice guy! Out of the blue he suddenly proposed to her. No phone calls, no dating. None of the “usual” stuff. She politely turned him down but noted his phone number anyway. She rang him back the next day, when he had sobered up, to find out if he remembered proposing. He did remember, he was dead serious, and he still wanted to marry her. They have been happily married for twenty years too.

My workmate big Joe had his wedding arranged between his parents and the girls parents when both he and the girl were children. Both he and the girl flatly refused to play that outdated game. At least they did until the day that they actually met. They have been happily married for twenty years.
So what do these three have in common? Only that the marriages have all worked.
They have nothing else in common at all. That’s just the point. No dating, no phone calls, no flowers, none of the usual clichés that the media, and only the media, trots out as the magic keys to a successful relationship. The one thing that any amateur or professional relationships counselor knows is that true love follows no specific plan or pattern. None at all.

#69673 - 08/05/05 02:12 AM Re: Dating....
Natasha Offline

Loc: Philadelphia Area
Hey, I'm new here, but am I the only one who doesnt mind being celibate? I've been single one year after a very long marriage. I've dated men from Yahoo personals, too, match.com and a few from dance clubs I met. They always want sex before me but isn't that usually the way? High School/College was a very long time ago but that's what I remember. Also, I kind of like having that kind of power. The question is, what is right for me at this time. For now I don't want casual sex, but ask me again in, oh, one year after TWO years of celibacy and I might give a different answer. As long as it's safe between two consenting adults, what's the problem? I've met so many interesting women since I've been single and it seems there is as many ways of handling the sex thing as there are women. Men seem a little more less complicated. When I asked one man I had seen 4 times if he expected to stay over he claimed "no, that would be too soon." But when I asked him if he would if I invited him, he smiled and said, "well, sure, after a little arm twisting I could be persuaded." I liked his honesty. I tested it by asking if he had a condom and he said no.

#69674 - 08/05/05 02:38 AM Re: Dating....
Natasha Offline

Loc: Philadelphia Area
Hey, I'm new here, but am I the only one who doesn't mind being celibate? Dont' we women like sex, too?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved