The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#69283 - 10/31/05 04:23 AM Re: doing things alone?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hey I would give that a try, animals and children love me...I cook good!!!

#69284 - 10/31/05 06:01 AM Re: doing things alone?
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
LOL, Chatty and Bluebird!
I don't cook, and I'd be in a frenzy! They'd starve!
ARI

#69285 - 11/01/05 01:28 AM Re: doing things alone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like to eat out by myself, especially on Saturdays I like to treat myself to breakfast.

I brought this discussion up at Bible study last night and wanted to know if others have encountered the same. I'll explain.

While eating out by myself, many of the waitresses will usually wait to accomodate me. Why? Because they think I'm waiting on someone, especially if I ask for a booth. I want a booth so that I can read my book, magazine or spread out the newspaper. Hey, I need my space.

I'm often asked if I'm waiting for someone. To which I'll answer "No. May I please have a menu (or what are your specials today?) as I'm hungry." And, I usually am really hungry b/c I like a big breakfast on Saturdays before I commence my yard work and long walks as this is how I like to entertain myself.

Also, while at movies alone, I like to reserve the seat next to me for my purse and coat. Yet, I've had others ask me if the seat is reserved, sometimes I say yes, other times no. It depends on how crowded the theatre may be at that time. Again, hey I like my space.

While eating in a food court at one of the malls, I've had others ask me if the spare chair is taken, "Is this chair in use? May I please have it?" they ask. Again, it depends on how crowded the food court is and dependent upon my mood at the time. If I've not found the perfect shoes, I might say "Yes, it is taken!" Or I may think "Yes it is taken for my shopping bags, now leave me alone so that I may continue my people watching!"

Just because I'm single does not mean I do not require less space due to the lack of a companion. Likewise, I want and crave my space, so give it to me!

Afterall, single are surpassing single men with home ownership, the majority of single parents are women, the majority of single parent caretakers are women, yet men continue to earn more money for the dollar than women. So, give me my space, I need it to contemplate my singledness!

Have any of ya'll had similar experiences?!

#69286 - 11/01/05 04:00 AM Re: doing things alone?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hate to admit it but this kind of thing happens to me as well and I have a real good joke I play. One afternoon in a very nice restaurant where I decided to treat myself to some Asian delights (can't cook Asian to save my life) well anyhow, a man and woman kept looking at me and finally he came over and put his hand on my spare chair and said, "you're not using this right," as he began to pull it away. I said, wait, stop don't you see Gerald sitting there, leave us alone please!! I had to turn my face to keep from bursting out laughing, that guy dropped that chair like it was electrified and all during dinner they would peek at me and when they did I merrily talked to Gerald...the invisible man....try it, its hysterical.

#69287 - 11/01/05 04:02 AM Re: doing things alone?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
You are too much!!

PS - Did Gerald bring his jammies with him? [Razz]

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved