The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 69 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#69015 - 06/16/06 06:37 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jawjaw, thanks so much for stepping in and being the peacemaker.

I welcome all the newbies and appreciate the love for animals that is so obvious. While this site is for educating others, it is also a place to share stories, give and receive advice, and MAKE NEW FRIENDS. Please try to keep this in mind while you are posting.

As the founder of this site, I would love to know how the newbies in this forums learned about the original post. I'm just curious...

#69016 - 06/16/06 06:38 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jawjaw, thanks so much for stepping in and being the peacemaker.

I welcome all the newbies and appreciate the love for animals that is so obvious. While this site is for educating others, it is also a place to share stories, give and receive advice, and MAKE NEW FRIENDS. Please try to keep this in mind while you are posting.

As the founder of this site, I would love to know how the newbies in this forums learned about the original post. I'm just curious...

#69017 - 06/17/06 07:11 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Paw Spa Aka Debbie Pratto Offline

Loc: Newport Beach, CA
Thank you Canine Design and Jaw Jaw. I welcome the opportunity to correct some misconceptions here on this orginal topic. I am not trying to add fuel to a smoldering fire on the contrary, I just want to educate the readers here on a different spin to the original posting.

Groomers are passionate about what they do, me included and its obvious that all the postings here are concerned about the inference that we aren't but that corp. grooming is a safer environment. And that's simply just not true.

Groomer's are notorious for seeking out support and education to improve their skills which is why there are venues like wwww.groomers.net. One of the members of that board found this original posting on this topic and pasted the link to BWS to send replies.

I apologize if my posting was viewed in any other light other than being educational. I am a devoted groomer and supporter of anyone who grooms for a living. It's hard work and none of us would do it if we didn't love what we do. I use to have an executive postion with Price Club, I have an education and skills far more advanced than I use in the grooming profession. I chose grooming because it's fulfilling. It doesn't make me rich in dollars but rich in personal satisfaction and for me, that's enough. I'm lucky to have found my niche in life.

#69018 - 06/17/06 07:18 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well put Debbie, and I think your presence will be a welcome one here lending support to all of our questions regarding the care and grooming of our pets. Bravo! Now can you tell me how to keep my dog, Trixie, out of my crowns AND my recliner? That dog has no respect...

I am lucky enough to have found my "niche" in life as well so I share your sentiments. While I'm also not rich in dollars, the satisfaction of hearing someone say, "you really crack me up," is worth it's weight in gold.

Will work for smiles...JJ

#69019 - 06/16/06 10:01 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
bluebonbonbonnie Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I also am a new poster who followed this thead when posted on the groomers board. I want to say that I desire to educate people in pet care, picking a groomer, and making sure your pet has vet care. I am a mobile groomer with 35 years expereience. I attended Hill's Professional Pet Grooming School in Inglewood, CA in 1972. I have worked in pet shops, for vets, and mobile, in addition to owning my own shop (in Il.) and now work mobile. I attend trade shows and learn new things all the time. Pet owners need to allow enough time for the job to be done properly. Learn how to keep your pet brushed out between grooming appointments. Don't neglect your pet for a year (or more) and expect wonders to be done.
In defense of mobile groomers I would like to say that most pets, especially elderly or nervous, do very well mobile due to the fact that they are near home. I don't have to put a pet in a cage and all pets are hand dried. I have a fan, a HV dryer(which blows room temp air at high speed) and a human hair dryer(for the faces of those who can't stand high speed air) I allow any customer to stay nearby (but usually not IN the van) while I groom if the pet behaves. I spend a lot of time talking about health issues that need the vet to check on, behavior concerns and between grooming care. I think that all the posts were meant to get to the same heart of the issues, what is best for the pets. Please be kind to your groomer, we really do love pets.

#69020 - 06/16/06 10:03 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
bluebonbonbonnie Offline

If anyone would like to check out my website it is: http://www.mobilepetgroomers.net

#69021 - 06/16/06 10:16 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Bluebonbonbonnie,
Thanks for the post. Actually your site was one I had checked out and found the pic's of the babes after their grooming were absolutely adorable. What type of dogs are the ones in the top left hand corner that are hugging each other? Is that cute or what?

JJ

#69022 - 06/16/06 10:21 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
bluebonbonbonnie Offline

Those two dogs are certified therapy dogs, and yes, they are hugging! Those two, with one more not pictured, are wonderful, happy, well cared for Brussels Griffons owned by a wonderful couple. The woman takes these dogs to visit children on dialysis, and of course, many other places where hugs are required!

#69023 - 06/16/06 10:33 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I love hearing about this. They are so sweet looking and make you want to hug something!

There is a woman who works with dogs as therapy pets for Autistic children (misspelled?)... So far the results have been tremendous and have amazed the medical communities.

I use to take my boxer Trixie to the VA home but while the men there loved her to pieces, she was so unruly and such a free-spirited dog (that's a nice way of saying she's spoiled rotten) that I couldn't seem to manage her. She weighs in at about 67 pounds.

She would undoubtedly flunk Obedience School. I wish I had taken her to school when she was a pup. Now she's only good for writing articles and that's only on occasion. But that's another story...(no pun intended)

JJ

#69024 - 06/16/06 10:42 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A sincere THANK YOU to JJ and to the groomers who have made this topic one everyone read. Sometimes the topics just slide by unnoticed but not this one. I wanted to educate our readers and with all of your help thats exactly what has happened. Now at least I know everyone is better equipped to know what to look for and also to appreciate the work that the fine, caring, responsible groomers do. It is hard work, I know, I've done it. Still do, with the rescued dogs we save and find homes for...
My love respect and appreciation to all those that have jumped in to make this topic a success with the attention it deserved... HUGS! [Big Grin]

[ June 16, 2006, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved