The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#69045 - 06/18/06 04:13 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Good points. I'll reconsider my view on the subject, for sure.

#69046 - 06/18/06 04:40 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
CanineDesign Offline

Loc: Missouri
That's cool.

I had a client who lost their dog, they were long past looking for him as it had been almost a year since the dog went missing. He ended up at the shelter, they read his microchip and sent him home again. They were thrilled! Who knows where the dog had been, but probably someone took him in and then he got away from them. Anyway it was a very happy ending [Smile]

#69047 - 06/18/06 04:44 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Hey I'm teachable! I'm also a brand new pet owner so I happily bow to the expertise of all of you experts!
That is a happy ending.

#69048 - 06/18/06 04:51 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Having a microchip put in your pet is the safest and surest way of identifying them so they can be reunited with their owners. We have actually on a dozen or more ocassions been able to get a dog back home again when found hundreds of miles away from where they lived. Most dogs when they get out wonder around and sometimes when frightened will run, run and run and can cover a lot of territory away from their home. Not many dogs are found at, or taken to the local shelters unfortunately. Some are to scared and they won't come to a person, they run away. We had a heck of a time with this dog last night she was terrified. I finally just sat on the ground and opened a can of food and offered it to her in my fingers. That took over an hour but once she ate and drank she began licking me and I was able to leash her and she got into the van. This morning she wagged her big old tail and seemed happy to be washed and even licked Dr. Mikes face. All of my animals carry a chip for their safety (and mine.) Its like anything else however, a choice and Bluebird you are so funny, I doubt anyone would want to chip people. I'm calling her Smoochie because thats all she wants to do. Oh and did I say she takes up the ENTIRE couch???

#69049 - 06/18/06 07:00 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Bless you, Chatty.

Cats are known for jumping into moving vans and they usually make several stops along the way and jump out and are lost.

My Vet in Nashville scanned Sammie the first time I took her in. It made me trust him more. I know of one woman whose AG was stolen. It broke her heart. The robber didn't take anything else...just her precious bird.

#69050 - 06/18/06 07:02 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
P.S. Chatty, isn't that breed the largest one out there? Gads. I had a Great Dane and English Mastiff and they were huge but I'll never have a big dog again. They don't usually live too long.

How could someone just leave a dog like that? I will never understand that!

#69051 - 06/18/06 06:15 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I think putting a microchip in our pets is a good thing.....my cat has one. He has had a chip in him for 11 years. The humane shelter from which I got him from puts chips in all the animals they have at their shelter. If an animal gets lost, it helps them find the owner. My vet scanned my kitty to show me the information on chip. It's pretty cool. He said it does don't hurt the animal, nor does the animal feel the chip.

#69052 - 06/18/06 06:53 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
CanineDesign Offline

Loc: Missouri
Irish Wolfhound is the largest breed of dog. Newfoundlands are around St. Bernard size. Just in case you needed this information for a trivia contest or something [Smile]

#69053 - 06/19/06 07:56 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What breed was it that Sherlock Holmes used in one of his stories? Irish Wolfhound? Or what it a Mastiff? I've seen that particular show a bazillion times and now I can't remember! Anybody?

JJ

#69054 - 06/18/06 09:00 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Scissorart Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I have a huge 115 lb. bouvier des flandres and I had him microchipped because his breeder and I had a disagreement. I was afraid she would steal him and I knew this was the only way to ensure his identity (I haven't had any problems with her since I nuetered him. He is show quality). He also jumped the fence before we put an electric one in. He loves to chase squirrels and cats. I am considering doing this to my poodles too, but haven't for financial reasons. I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old, so they are expensive too. I am all for it, just don't do it to me! I went into to pay a bill at my city last week. They had a sign on the door to check there if you lost a dog. They only keep them for three days then put them down. I almost volunteered to be a contact but have to talk it over with hubby first. I don't think he will go for it though. I don't think three days is long enough. Why can't they at least take them to the pound. Don't they have a better chance of living longer there?

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved