The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68130 - 09/29/05 08:26 PM Re: Sheltie or Border Collie?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
The light detects urine and it comes with a cleaner that they say is guaranteed to get rid of the urine, smell and all.

I've found it nearly impossible to train my Italian Greyhound. They hate the cold so refuse to go outside if the weather is bad. I've carried them outside and stood there and they run back to the door.

I've been on my hands and knees this morning looking for dog pee. He's been hiking his leg on the side of my sofa. Geesh. He's too old to discipline.

#68131 - 09/29/05 10:04 PM Re: Sheltie or Border Collie?
jwf213 Offline

Loc: new york
I agree with the assessment on Border Collies. They really need to work to stay content. You mentioned no shedding...have you considered a bearded collie? Medium sized, no shed(hair), wonderful temperment, very intelligent, also in the herding family.

#68132 - 09/30/05 04:52 AM Re: Sheltie or Border Collie?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I use th pee-pee training pads I get from PetsMart 100 in a box for $20.00 (in the catalog.) They are suppose to have a smell that attracts the dogs yet people can't smell anything. The dogs all won't pee anywhere in the house but there on the pads, when they are not outside. Males are hyarder to train because of leg lifting but try the pads. I use vinegar and water if there is an accident with a new dog I'm boarding. It kills any pee-pee odor and the stain too....They also have larger pee-pee pads.

#68133 - 09/30/05 06:33 AM Re: Sheltie or Border Collie?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Kelly, you gave good advice. Lots of people say they are interested in getting a weimaraner because they are beautiful dogs, but I always tell them that they are a handful and they also need a job or to be allowed to run every day if possible. If they get bored, they will eat the bark off of a tree, or a bush or the trim of a shed, or your favorite shoes. Then they end up in a shelter. Whatever breed you are interested in, you should talk to several owners, research AND realize any puppy will require a lot of your time and attention and will be a handful until they're 2 years old at least.

Daisygirl

#68134 - 09/30/05 03:26 PM Re: Sheltie or Border Collie?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
LeAnn, I visited your site and loved reading your blog. WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! I love Shelties. I have friends who rescued two of them. Precious, sweet, sweet dogs. Do Sophia and Pixie get along?

JJ

#68135 - 09/30/05 06:42 PM Re: Sheltie or Border Collie?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My daughter has a Shelty. Just the sweetest dog.

#68136 - 10/01/05 03:24 AM Re: Sheltie or Border Collie?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Thanks for all the great interest!!!

We have decided on a sheltie after doing more research on temperment. Our shelties in the past have had a little border collie mixed in. So both breeds where on the table but the herding instinct and the repeated warnings about giving the dog a job to do rang true.

Now all we have to do is wait until we find the right one.

Lynn

#68137 - 10/02/05 04:10 PM Re: Sheltie or Border Collie?
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
I forgot to mention on my last post that I have a couple of articles online about dog selection and how to go about it at Garden and Hearth--

http://gardenandhearth.com/FamilyFun/adopt-dog.htm

and

http://gardenandhearth.com/FamilyFun/myths-dog.htm

Certainly not a comprehensive overview but it gets the basic info out there, so feel free to refer people who are "shopping" for dogs to those articles.

Best,
Kelly

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved