The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#67969 - 07/07/05 05:45 PM Re: Our "Bunny" is home, safe and sound
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sometimes I cut them and other times, I give them to her whole but she's a lot larger than Bunny. They LOVE millet so you might want to get some of that! Sammie is the majority of my produce shopping. Her tastes change weekly though.

I don't know if you've read about this but scented candles, spray, Teflon, are bad for a bird. The fumes can make them sick or kill them.

#67970 - 07/07/05 05:49 PM Re: Our "Bunny" is home, safe and sound
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Dianne, yes I read about teflon but not scented candles. Wow. And spray as in "any" kind?
I hand feed the millet as a "you get on my finger, you get millett" treat. She would eat nothing else if I left it in her cage. I spent a small frotune at 'Love my Pet' but it was worth every penny.Avocados are bad too .
chick

#67971 - 07/08/05 01:14 AM Re: Our "Bunny" is home, safe and sound
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yes, and apple seeds too. The list goes on! I guess you can spray but not near them or at least that's what I felt it meant.

#67972 - 07/08/05 05:09 AM Re: Our "Bunny" is home, safe and sound
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Never feed any bird, anything big. Even if it doesn't seem big to you remember their throats aren't even as wide open as a pencil and those are birds Sammies size, the others throats are much smaller. I was present some years ago during an autopsy of a MacCaw that had died from apparently no reason. The vet found a small red grape stuck in his windpipe....so you never kinow. My little Rosee neawrly choked to death on a piece of bread from a sandwich my grandson was eating. I got it out with my fingernail down her throat and the hymlick maneuver,(well sort of) not easy with a 7 pound dog and a bird, no way Josee... [Frown]

#67973 - 07/10/05 07:24 AM Re: Our "Bunny" is home, safe and sound
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thanks girls, I don't think the heimlich maneuver would work with Bunny.
Yep, she likes the grapes but only to lick them so far. I am trying her with one fruit/veg a day until I see what her likes and dislikes are.I don't think shes had much variety in anything besides seeds.
chick

#67974 - 07/10/05 02:01 AM Re: Our "Bunny" is home, safe and sound
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Is that bird a seed junkie? My word.

I wanted to add another caution. I met a lady who used to take her bird outside and put it in a cage and it caught a wasp and bit it but it stung the bird in the throat and it swelled and cut off air. Killed the poor thing. I don't take Sammie out anymore at all.

[ July 09, 2005, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved