The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67158 - 06/24/04 06:06 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dear Lady and Boots, we are so sorry to hear about your Grandpa and we are sure you two will stay near and care for your mom. Reeta and I will be thinking about you all...Rosee
p.s. Tulip too

#67159 - 06/24/04 08:50 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sammie, the African Grey again. My story:

When the terrorists struck New York, I was just a 3 month old, hand- [Smile] fed baby, in the luggage compartment of an airliner, headed for New York City. My plane was forced to land at an airport in Youngstown, Ohio. The crew didn't know how long they would be grounded so called a local pet store and told them they had a baby bird on board that they didn't know how to care for and were afraid it would die and would they please take me? Of course, they did.

Three days later, Dianne was feeling depressed over the attacks and knew that going to a pet store always made her feel better. She was looking at the birds when one of the clerks started talking to her and mentioned that they had a baby Grey, in the "nursery." Did she want to see me? Yes! It was love at first site and they taught her how to feed me my formula (she got more on my body than in my mouth in the beginning [Eek!] ) but she worked really hard to learn so she could take me home.

Because of the circumstances of the time, Dianne at first named me Sam, as in Uncle Sam, but after having a DNA run on me, it became Sammie.

She's always sang God Bless America to me and put me on the floor and rubbed my back while she sang it. I become completely submissive with my head down and my fanny up in the air. I don't do that with any other song.

So, there it is. My story and I'm sticking to it!

#67160 - 06/25/04 01:52 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dear Boots and Lady, I'm sending you lots of hugs and warm thoughts for you and your mommy. I know she is hurting now, and you're doing the best thing you can by sticking close and giving comfort.

JACK

#67161 - 06/25/04 02:00 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dear Boomer Pet Friends.. I had a little scare with Jack today. He's exhausted from his trip to the vet so I'm telling the story.

Let me start by saying my previous Am. Eskimo died of lymphoma cancer.

I found a lump on Jack behind is right ear. At first I thought it was a clump of hair, but it got worse and I couldn't untangle it. Then I felt it and I thought it had substance inside, especially when Jack wouldn't let me even touch it anymore.

So, I made an emergency trip to the vet today to have the doctor take a look at it. At first she wasn't sure what it was, and was concerned as well. Then, she had an idea. Get the clippers and start shaving. The clippers have a guard that won't cut skin, so we'd find out soon enough what the lump was made of.

Thank goodness, it all shaved away and it was a very unusual clump of hair, knotted and twisted. I was so relieved I started kissing Jack and telling him he was such a good boy. The vet said that it was the easiest case she had all day and said "no charge". She said my smile was all the payment she needed.

It was a HUGE relief. I had been so worried.

So, now we're both home, relaxing and a little tired from all the excitement.

#67162 - 06/25/04 02:02 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dianne, I loved the story of Sammie! What a wonderful connection you two will have for the rest of your lives.

Jack gives it two paws up!

#67163 - 06/25/04 04:19 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks Vicki.

My little Italian Greyhound, Diz, had her tiny little leg broken in half just six months ago. Required surgery and a plate to put the bones back together. It just broke my heart. Not only was she in a lot of pain but I had to carry her everywhere for six weeks. Even outside to the bathroom and the silly dog won't poop if you watch her (bashful) so I'd have to turn my back to her until she did her business. Then last month, she got beat up by a squirrel. A SQUIRREL! How sad is that? Six stitches for that "accident." Poor baby is so fragile.

#67164 - 06/25/04 06:25 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Poor little Diz!! Oh, don't even mention "squirrel" right now.. I was coming home from shopping and reached up to hit the garage door opener on my visor and I heard a thump thump [Eek!] and looked out the rear view mirrow. A little squirrel lay in the road. I'm so sad!!!!!!! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

If I had the opportunity I would have avoided it; I wouldn't want to intentionally hurt one, they're so cute!! [Confused] I don't know what to do.. should I go and scoop it up with a shovel and bury it? [Confused]

[ June 25, 2004, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Vicki M. Taylor ]

#67165 - 06/26/04 07:10 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yikes. I don't know. I guess so. [Confused] I think I would if it happened to me but then again, I can't be sure. Doesn't that just hurt so much? I hit a deer with my car once and I'm still upset about it and that was in 1969!

#67166 - 06/26/04 01:38 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
By all means bury the little creature. If its any help, dig the hole first and then place an old towel/rag or somethjing over the body, pick it up with the shovel and drop, it with the towel/rag into the hole. Cover it up and maybe put a couple rocks on top so ne animal digs it up again. Sorry this happened to you but it couldn't be helped....

#67167 - 06/26/04 04:52 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Speaking of deer (I was in another post) one was in the back yard the other night and just wrecked havoc! Broke a stepping stone my grandkids made me, broke a glass candle holder, drug my dogs outdoor bed to the middle of the yard, walked through my newly planted whooly thyme (sp) and pulled plants up by their roots. I might be rethinking the grieving I did when I hit that one with my car so many years ago. I think it's a break-even now.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved