The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67148 - 06/21/04 12:36 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Vicki about Jacks nightly burst of energy. Sounds like a rescue I had name of Skooter, she was a mutt and roamed the streets apparently at night. When she was with me, every night about 11:00 PM she decided to run and skoot all over the house. I cured this by taking her for a long walk everynight right before bedtime and she began to sleep like a baby. Maybe Jack needs a walk or good run if you have a yard before bed. I also gave skooter a bowl of warm milk. I've seen the woman who adopted her from time to time and she says Skooter sleeps when put to bed, no problem. It might help, I hope so. [Wink]

#67149 - 06/21/04 01:11 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Sammie I think Diane should teach you to say "Praise the Lord" every time you say "damm it." You sound very intelligent so I'm sure you could learn.... [Razz]

p.s. this is Reeta & Rosee, just read moms post and you listen up Sammie, ever heard the words Parrot Stew? Yea, well remember those words next time you swear, bad bird. [Eek!]

#67150 - 06/21/04 08:27 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Parrot stew????? [Eek!]

Dianne has been ignoring my bad language so it's lost most of it's appeal. I'll just stick to calling the dog and cat (Here Kitty-Kitty!) and doing my one sided phone conversations.

#67151 - 06/21/04 08:35 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Sammie, Sammie, Sammie..

Jack is asking me to type this for him because he's howling with laughter and rolling around on the floor. He's had his fun with birds before.

When we go to the keys we stay with some friends in their guest house. On their patio they have several birds, one of which is a myna bird. Jack has taught it to bark.

So, when we're there, if Jack barks, the bird barks.. sometimes the bird barks just to tease Jack, then it sets Jack off and he starts barking.

The bird is really funny, it can sound like a doorbell, and the telephone ringing.

Of course, the doorbell ringing sets Jack off, thinking someone is at the door. [Smile] [Smile]

So, Jack says, learn more new stuff.. and pick your moments when you repeat them. Repeat words for praise. If you don't get praise, then stop repeating that one, okay?

Okay, I think Jack has recovered enough from his laughter fit.

He'll sign his name.

JACK

#67152 - 06/21/04 08:38 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Charleen, thanks for the tips about helping Jack through his energy bursts. It's not every night, thank goodness, so we get some reprieve.

I think you're right about the need to expend some excess energy. Maybe a good run around the yard would do it.

We've done the walks before, and they've helped sometimes. Just depends on how riled up he gets afterwards.

Thanks for the helpful tips!

#67153 - 06/23/04 01:37 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Hi Jack, Sammie The African Grey here. I bark like the dog, Diz, and then tell myself to shut up! I know how to make the sound of the door opening, the shades hitting the door and then, the door closing. I do everything in sequence.

But, I know WHEN I'm supposed to say certain words or sounds. When Dianne, our resident redhead is moving furniture or doing something that requires physical labor, I alway say "Phew!" I also root for my favorite team and say "Go Titans!" I throw kisses at Dianne and make smooching noises and of course, always tell her I love her. I have learned to sing, "Bird is the Word" (Dianne doesn't know where I learned that!) and I dance when I sing it. When she leaves the room I yell, "Dianne?" and she says "What?" in return so now I say both for her, just to save her vocal chords. Sometimes I throw in "Now What????" I don't know why she always laughs at me.

I have about a 60 word vocabulary and have a very interesting story about the day Dianne found me but my little feet get tired from typing so I'll save it for later. [Wink]

#67154 - 06/23/04 04:40 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Hi there Sammie, I for one am looking forward to th story of how Dianne found you. I have to commend you on your vocabulary. I have fostered a dozen or so birds that talked but none as eloquent as you. [Wink]

#67155 - 06/23/04 09:11 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Sammie, rest up those little toes so you can tell us the story. I can't wait to hear it.

You have a remarkable vocabulary!! [Smile] [Smile] I'm laughing just thinking of all the ways you create havoc for your mommy.

My mommy got me some anti-stress sticks (She says they have stuff called chamomile and other herbs in it) ... she gives me one after I have a barking fit when the pool guy is here or the lawn guy. She says they're to help me calm down after my barking fit.

I know what would help better than the anti-stress sticks.. those fools need to stay out of my yard.

Harumph!!

JACK

[ June 23, 2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Vicki M. Taylor ]

#67156 - 06/24/04 02:51 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Dear Boomer Pet Friends,

This is Lady and Boots, please let all her friends know that her Daddy passed away suddenly this afternoon. She is too sad to write anything right now, and she is busy phoning people and letting family know.

Thanks, I know you guys are really great, and Lady and I feel so bad, we are sitting just as close to her as we can.

Boots, Lady

#67157 - 06/24/04 04:01 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm so terribly sorry. You are in my thoughts.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved