The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#66277 - 12/20/05 08:41 AM Re: Remember Love at 16
Deb the author Offline

It wasn't wisdom that put us together. We were both just kids. I feel very lucky. With so many tragic things in my life my husband is my rock. I don't know what I would have done without him as I dealt with my father's Alzheimer's and my brother's suicide.

#66278 - 12/20/05 05:14 PM Re: Remember Love at 16
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Deb, three cheers for wedded bliss.

I took my hubby to both my junior and senior proms, married at 21 and wouldn't trade a single day of our life together. We are still growing up together...

#66279 - 12/22/05 05:16 AM Re: Remember Love at 16
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dotsie you are one of the lucky ones, both of you are. I am certain that if Eddie would have lived we would still be together it was that kind of a relationship. Sometimes Vi I think I do feel him by my side and I am positive it is also the reason my second marriage wasn't a barn burner although it did last 14 years, I settled but that never works very long for either party. My third time around was the side affects from insanity caused by caring for a severe dementa patient 24/7 all by myself for 5 years, I was a basket case. He turned out to be a liar and a cad....oh well, live and learn.

#66280 - 12/22/05 05:46 AM Re: Remember Love at 16
Vi Offline

Deb, you mentioned your father's Alzheimer's and your brother's suicide. How difficult for you. It is wonderful your husband was supportive during times such as those. Do you need to talk about either or both of these very difficult situations?

Dots, that's wonderful for you. Just wonderful.

Chatty, you're life has been very hard. May blessings find you from now on.

It seems to me that for some of us divorce is a rite of passage. I know I learned so much from mine. Tomorrow my third husband and I celebrate our 15th anniversary. I finally found a sweety.

Vi

#66281 - 12/30/05 04:36 AM Re: Remember Love at 16
Ms. Sotmary Offline

Loc: Upper Westchester, New York
Thanks for sharing all of your miles of experiences. I'm somewhere in the middle of everyone. I've had 26 years of a great relationship with a friend, lover and musical partner, which has turned into the last 6 years my being his caregiver as he goes through Alzheimers. Since we've had so many great years together, unlike those of you who lost your partners far too early, I am a willing caregiver through all the different changes that come with this role. I also find it a little difficult to listen to people's struggles with each other but I am also jealous that they have the luxury to be working stuff out.

#66282 - 12/30/05 05:10 AM Re: Remember Love at 16
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Vi I guess it has in some ways, my first and best love died and then the second man I thought loved me and did for awhile began to change and then cheat and after 14 years we split up then after a short time he died too from (drugs & booze.) After 14 more years I gave my trust again and BAM another dissapointment from a cronic liar and user. I am now and have been single again for 6 years and never happier. No more men in my life except for colleagues and friends....too old to go through that again. There is nothing as sweet and pure as young love.

[ December 29, 2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved