The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#66237 - 12/16/05 06:25 AM Remember Love at 16
Vi Offline

Remember love at 16 - what you thought it was, what it was for you? Remember your thought processes about it and how wonderful and awful it could feel?

What about now? What do you think love is now? How do the two compare? What have you learned?

I've learned a bunch. I'm sure you have too. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

#66238 - 12/16/05 10:06 PM Re: Remember Love at 16
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Interesting. My first love in high school broke up with me at the beginning of our senior year because he wanted to date a sophomore who was willing to chase him more than I was. It just about broke my heart at the time, but I eventually I forgot him. I met him again at one of our class reunions, when he told me his wife had just divorced him and admitted he'd never been good at relationships. Gee, ya think? LOL

My husband of 36 years isn't perfect, but he's always worked at our marriage as hard as I did. I imagine if I'd stayed with my high school seewtheart, I'd probably be divorced now, too.

#66239 - 12/16/05 10:16 PM Re: Remember Love at 16
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
For me, love at 16 meant trying to be whoever or whatever the guy wanted me to be. But after a night of making out, they'd say I like yo as a friend!!!
Love at 46 means, this is who I am, if ya don't love me, find someone else!!!

#66240 - 12/16/05 10:18 PM Re: Remember Love at 16
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Ah- love at 16- thank God for unanswered prayers!

#66241 - 12/16/05 10:34 PM Re: Remember Love at 16
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Yes, GOOD point, Pattyann!!!

#66242 - 12/16/05 10:41 PM Re: Remember Love at 16
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amen Pattyann. My first love was a ladie's man. Phew. I am so glad that didn't last. But boy was I head over heels in love with him at the time, and crushed when he dumped me because I wasn't willing to run the bases with him. Remember that?

I married the love of life. By the grace of God, our love grows stronger all the time. I have learned that a good marriage takes work by both partners. Fortunately, my husband puts just as much work into our relationship as I do.

We just spent the night at a harbor hotel this week for our one night get-a-way Christmas date. I highly recommend it. It was total bliss!

#66243 - 12/16/05 10:42 PM Re: Remember Love at 16
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Also have to mention that it has been fun watching my kids fall in and out of love. Not always fun, sometimes agonizing. It brings back the feelings and memories of the teen years all over again.

#66244 - 12/16/05 11:36 PM Re: Remember Love at 16
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16, so the boy I "fell in love with" didn't happen until I was 17 or 18. We went into the Marines, and made plans to get married when we were both home on leave.

Whew! I'm glad I realized what a mistake I was making and broke it off.

I wasn't "in love" with him, I was "in love" with being in love.

I was married twice before I figured out what falling in love really meant. My husband and I will be married 8 years this January. He truly is my best friend and makes me happier than I've ever been. He is the man I can picture myself growing old with.

ah-hem. I mean older with. :-)

#66245 - 12/17/05 12:57 AM Re: Remember Love at 16
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
OK,

I've got a question for you all.

I have a friend who is very lovely, and wonderful.

She has been living with her boyfriend for about 3 years. They are happilly co-habitating. She would like to get married - he has said that he is available too...they've been talking about buying a house together.

All of a sudden, he is making noises like, "why should we get married?"...

She is torn about what to do. To stay or to go.
Should she just be happy they have a great relationship and just keep on as before?

I asked her if there are any other issues.....she said "no"...then told me how he is going out with the guys alot more as of late.
hmmmmmmm. I think his single friends are discouraging him from tying the knot.

In fact, a mutual friend of theirs (a guy) gave her the line "you two are the happiest couple I know...why ruin it". (I'm like, riiighhht, that is coming from a guy!)

Any insight ladies?

danita

#66246 - 12/17/05 01:21 AM Re: Remember Love at 16
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Danita- it sounds like your friends' man is going out with someone other than the "boys".If after all this time when things were good he gets antsy at forever I'd get suspicious
Dotsie you are sooo right about the joy and pain of watching our kids fall in love.When they choose people that give you that"oh-oh" feeling it's hard to let them learn if they get hurt
I found the love of my life my second marriage round and I learned that if you can find someone who doesn't ask you to give up yourself- it's real love

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved