The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#66023 - 12/06/05 02:17 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
ladybug Offline

My good friend use to take her two children to a nursing home to play Christmas carols on their musical instruments. I'm sure the residents loved it.

#66024 - 12/06/05 04:26 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I know the residents loved it when the girls came to dance for them every year. Laura still fondly remembers one sweet little lady saying to her friend, "Those girls don't just dance like that. They all have training."

That was about 15 years ago, and she still treasures the memory. So do I. It's wonderful when kids take the time to do things like that for people who don't have a lot of joy in their lives.

#66025 - 12/06/05 06:57 PM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
"People who don't have a lot of joy in their lives."

This is a great topic for us to focus on at Christmas.

I have a retirement home behind me and I'm ashamed to say I do absolutely nothing there at this point in my life. I read chatty's posts and consider how easy it would be for me to visit, but never do. I need a great big kick in the butt. I know so many of them spend long, lonely days in their without any interaction from the outside world. That may be us one day. Urg...

However, my husband does bring joy to a child who doesn't have a lot of joy in his life. He visits a little guy at a local orphanage every week. We'll have fun shopping for him this Christmas. I just pray that whatever he gets doesn't get broken or stolen as most of his personal belongings usually do. Please pray for all those children living in orphanages this time of year.

#66026 - 12/06/05 07:46 PM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I think what your husband is doing is wonderful Dotsie, How old is the little guy? I will pray for all God's children in orphanages.
Remember I posted awhile back about Josh, the young kid who helps us every now and then. He lost his Dad a few weeks ago. I know Christmas will be hard on him this year. We will do all we can for them.
Dotsie, what are you going to do for the retirement folks for Christmas? How's that for a little kick?
chick

#66027 - 12/18/05 04:23 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
Flo Voy Offline

Loc: Florida
Carole of the Bells has been my favorite since I was a small child. [Smile]

#66028 - 12/18/05 04:46 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
ladybug Offline

Flo Voy, I like that one too so maybe I really don't have just one favorite after all.

#66029 - 12/18/05 06:19 PM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Last night Clayton and I were on our way back from the Newport, KY aquarium and I was singing Christmas carols I thought he would like, like Rudolf, Jingle Bells, etc. He was singing them, but the lyrics were more like a story with many more words than in the song - he cracks me up!

I have a new favorite - anything my 3 yr. old grandson sings.

Daisygirl

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved