The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#66003 - 12/03/05 10:04 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Not .. 'It'll be a Blue Christmas Without You ' i dont like it , because it always makes me sad, just thinking about it makes me want to cry....why did they ever write that song?? It should be banned... makes me feel just terrible.
My favorite one is 'i want a hippopotmus for christmas'. Oh, the question was your favorite Christmas Carol.... then that is 'Angels we have heard on high'.

[ December 03, 2005, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: norma ]

#66004 - 12/03/05 06:06 PM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My all time favourite is Silent Night. "S-i-i-let Night" is what I sang throught a toothless smile on our Christmas concert so many years ago. I was too young to read the words on paper, so I learned it by watching the older ones and Mom helping me. I mentioned this at a Christmas function a few years back and there was a write up about it in the local paper the next week (no names were mentioned, just the last line that said "I can imagine Her little angelic face singing to the top of her lungs, "Sleep in Heaven-he-pee-eees, Sleep in Heaven he pees.." That's what I sang - in innocence. True story. My friend, the editor never misses a thing. I'll have to dig it out and read it again.
chick

#66005 - 12/03/05 07:31 PM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
ladybug Offline

I laughed so hard on that one Chickadee that I almost, um, well you know.

#66006 - 12/04/05 08:33 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
My uncle was the clown of the family and the youngest child of 7. My grandmother had some church ladies over for coffee and pastries and decided it was the perfect time to get little Keith to sing I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas for the ladies. (Can't you just picture them, the ladies with their hats, gloves and clunky shoes, sitting in the parlor?) So Keith stood up and began singing, "I'm dreaming of a white sh-t pot......." As you can imagine, my grandmother was mortified, but it has been a classic family story ever since.

Daisygirl

#66007 - 12/04/05 08:44 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Those are some funny stories!
Out of the mouths of babes, right...LOL

#66008 - 12/03/05 09:43 PM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
ladybug Offline

Oh my God Daisygirl, why did he sing those words instead of the right lyrics?

I use to take a friend's daughter home from grade school with my two children.

One December while riding home in the car she started singing Winter Wonderland. When she got to the part about where you sing, later on we'll conspire as we sit by the fire, she instead sang "later on, we'll expire, as we sit by the fire."

This girl was in eigth grade at the time. My two were in first and fourth grades. I looked in the rear view mirror with a smile as I saw my two kids laughing. The girl never laughed or corrected her use of the word expire so we knew she was honestly ignorant about it. We sing it her way now.

#66009 - 12/04/05 12:15 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I've always thought "Silent Night" was by far the loveliest of the Christmas Carols. The chaplin at the hospital where I just started volunteering has invited me to join a group that will sing Christmas songs for the hospital patients right before the holidays. I will porbably take her up on that offer.

#66010 - 12/04/05 01:42 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Jackie, I hope you do take the Chaplain up on her offer...wish I could be there to hear you too... [Smile]

#66011 - 12/04/05 05:03 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Christmas hymns move me to tears. I have a few favorites: Once in Royal David's City, Oh Holy Night and Silent Night. We seem to sing these ever Christmas Eve in church. I can't get through them without tears rolling down my cheeks.

Ladybug, I absolutely love that Home Alone CD. That and Kenny and Dolly's Christmas CD have been played over and over in our home for years. In fact, we will listen to them tomorrow while decorating. We love Christmas music and have tons of it. However, a local radio station plays all Christmas music and it's great. They even play the oldies like the Chipmunks.

#66012 - 12/04/05 05:19 AM Re: What is your favorite Christmas Carole?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I wish I had our old Chipmunk album with the Christmas song on it!! It's probably worth some money on ebay!!

Ladybug, I love that part of Home Alone, too. I cry every single time I see that.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved