The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#65522 - 07/17/05 11:10 PM Monkeys made from RR socks
Women's Funny Pages Offline

Loc: Gardendale AL
My great grandfather and grandfather worked for the railroad. It was a tradition to make these funny looking monkeys from railroad socks.
My great grandmother had twin boys Pewee and Biggun (real names - Farris and Harris) They were so small when they were born, my great grandmother used my great grandfathers RR handkerchiefs for their diapers.

Remember the days before Pampers. It was such a luxury in those days to have a diaper service.

Theresa
--------------------
http://www.womensfunnyvideos.com

#65523 - 07/17/05 11:16 PM Re: Monkeys made from RR socks
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What a neat story, Teresa! I LOVED those monkey's and I know exactly what you are talking about. Do you still have one? My granddaddy worked for Southern Railroad for 50 years! What cute nicknames too. Do they still go by the nicknames?

Speaking of which, does everyone in here have a nickname? My, obviously, was "Jaw Jaw" as well as Red, Big Red, #3 (there were five girls, I was the middle child), and sex goddess. Okay, I made that last one up...sue me.

JJ

#65524 - 07/18/05 02:10 AM Re: Monkeys made from RR socks
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When I worked in Advertising those many years I was called, Charlee and my last ex called me Bunny....Most people however just call me Char...
So long as they don't call me late for dinner, hey wait a minute, I'm the cook???

#65525 - 07/18/05 05:22 PM Re: Monkeys made from RR socks
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Were these the socks that had buttons for eyes? I remember something like that.

Di, Big D, Lady Di and Red. My dad used to call me spider legs when I was young and when I filled in and out, he called me ham hocks. Nice guy. No wonder I had body issues!

#65526 - 07/18/05 05:50 PM Re: Monkeys made from RR socks
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sticks and stones will break my bones...and names...

Why is it that we remember ALL the degrading names, but hardly give a second thought to the times we are called smart, intelligent and funny?

The brain is such a complex faculty when it comes to reasoning.

Andria
Andre
Angie
Angela
Andy
Sandra???
and a kind old man who gave us candy when we were small(no strings attached) always called me Andrew...I never corrected him, I kinda liked it.

Atom Ant
Ace
Squirt
Sawed off runt
Midget
Leprauchan
Shortie
Short stuff -all school yard names -from people who also had nick names(chuckle).
My worst was Ace, named after a radio host who lisped.
My favourite all time nickname is Ang (rhymes with flange) that my Mom called me.

chickadee(my dad's Indian name for me)

chick (short version)

#65527 - 07/18/05 09:29 PM Re: Monkeys made from RR socks
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Loved the monkeys. I bought one for my son when he was a baby.

My nickname from my mom is peewee. She still calls me it sometimes. My dad called me lil'bit

#65528 - 07/19/05 01:04 AM Re: Monkeys made from RR socks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think Dotsie is nickname enough!

My FIL has the old sock monkey. His name is Jocko!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved