The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#6574 - 07/08/05 06:56 PM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
When my husband retired, which was a joke because he started working again after one year, we were suddenly together all the time and started getting on each others nerves. He was used to having an executive assistant that did everything for him and poor man, how confused he was to think I would take her place. [Confused] He also didn't realize I had my own life. What's for lunch? I don't know, what are YOU fixing?

Just recently, we found a joint passion. I'm working on my family tree and my gg grandfather died in the Civil War and my husband is a nut on that war so we're taking a trip to the battle field where he died. Now, I'm a nut on this war. So, maybe you could find a passion that both of you share. What does he read or watch on tv? My husband has more videos on wars than anyone I know. This has really helped our marriage.

#6575 - 07/08/05 08:04 PM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have to mention chatty's post about the missing thong. Way too funny!

msdiana, have you told him how you feel with compassion in your voice? Sometimes our delivery is so important. Instead of "Why dont' you want to do anything these days?" , how about "Honey, I'm getting concerned because you don't seem to want to do anything lately."

Be sure to let him know you are getting concerned. IS there anything you've always wanted to do together, but haven't been able to because of the children? Maybe now's the time to pursue it.

Please keep taking to us about this and we'll help you try to get it resolved.

#6576 - 07/09/05 01:29 AM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
BLUE66 Offline

Wow, I was on vacation but this thread is the one that really took a trip...LOL...anyway, things remain the same, great on the surface, but I know he still chats with her...finally talked to a friend about it...it always comes down to weighing the good against the bad and it really does lean way on the good side, yet I can still really flip out when I let myself think about it.

Anyway, the thong issue....who would ever want to wear them? I don't for a minute believe anyone who says they are comfortable...I have yet to try one since I am not 16 and have a belly...where would that go???

I hate to sound judgemental, but I don't understand how a mother could let her underage daughter wear provocative clothes and think it's cute..don't you realize what the men and boys are thinking when they see it? doesn't that bother you? but it's all part of the sexualizing of our children and yes the interent is such a dangerous thing for kids... I mean, look at all the trouble that supposed adults get into on it!!!

Anyway, thanks again for the posts.

#6577 - 07/09/05 02:04 AM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by BLUE66:
things remain the same, great on the surface, but I know he still chats with her...
I can still really flip out when I let myself think about it.

That is what I heard beyond the small talk. And it is difficult to see the pain it appears to cause.

It seemed as if you might be wondering things like,
How long does he expect to continue to 'chat' with "her?" How long can I "live" on the surface? How can I avoid "thinking" about it? And how can I avoid "flipping out?"
Maybe you could ask those questions of yourself, and him.

If I misread your post, please forgive me. You just still sound worried. And I know I would be.
Either way, we will be here for you.
smile

#6578 - 07/09/05 02:54 AM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Blue66, This entire situation with your meandering husband is wrong, wrong, wrong. You told him how you feel, how it hurts you and still he chats with another woman, maybe more who knows? You said the good outweighs the bad yet I wonder what you consider is the good?? In a marriage another woman is another woman whether he chats on line, on the phone, to her face or just drools over her picture, any of this is cheating, taking time away from you and the relationship to spend it with another woman. I hope you remain here at the BWS site as well I have a feeling you're going to need all the friends you have before long when chatting isn't enough for this cheat... [Frown] Oh and I agree with you about the thong thing, the way they cover why wear anything at all????

#6579 - 07/09/05 03:16 AM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I should mention that my daughter is in her 30's, not a teenager or young girl.

#6580 - 07/10/05 12:40 AM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

P.S. Went shopping today and bought 10 pairs of thong underwear. They were on sale! [Big Grin]

#6581 - 07/10/05 01:39 AM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sew them all together and you could possibly make ME one pair of undies.

JJ

#6582 - 07/10/05 04:33 AM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh JJ, what am I going to do with you? [Wink] You are such a class act.

#6583 - 07/10/05 09:34 AM Re: FEELING BETRAYED
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I went shopping yesterday, first time in maybe 6 months, and bought 3 bras. I wanted something cute and pretty, but the only ones that fit were those industrial strength jobbies with the words "18-hour" in their name. At least I got different colors (black, beige, taupe, zzzzzzzzzzz)

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved