The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#64579 - 06/28/04 08:38 PM your first love?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My daughter is going to be a junior in high school. She's in love and has been for 8 months, 6 days, 3 hours, and 45 seconds. [Razz] Just ask her, she'll tell ya.

Observing young love takes me back.

I was in eighth grade at the ice skating rink when some tall, handsome young boy asked me to skate during couple's time. [Eek!]

I later learned that he was the eighth grade hottie at the other Catholic school up the street.

Remember how there were the cool boys who dated the cool girls? Well, I wasn't one of the cool girls so it was interesting that the cool boy at the other Catholic school liked a less cool girl from my school. I guess he was running out of new girls. [Roll Eyes]

Boy did I fall for him. We dated off and on for a year.

He turned out to be a ladies man and I believe once a ladies man...always a ladies man. [Roll Eyes]

Oh, and that year he got a leather jacket for Christmas and to this day when I smell leather I think of him. Corny, huh?

Other first loves?

#64580 - 06/28/04 10:37 PM Re: your first love?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
One of the nicest compliments I've ever received was at my high school reunion. My first "Beau" introduced me to his wife Vicky, and he said, "See, I couldn't marry you, so I found me another Georgia." She was so sweet and just laughed. I was a tad embarassed. But what a good friend she has turned out to be! We still keep in touch. Course, I NEVER swap old stories about him to her. Ain't no way!

Confess only to the priest!

JJ

#64581 - 06/29/04 05:01 AM Re: your first love?
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
My first real crush was tall, blonde, and had the most beautiful blue eyes. We 'went steady' in the ninth grade. When he had to move away, I cried for weeks. Every time I hear the Carpenters sing "Close to You" I think of him.

On the day that you were born
The angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold
And starlight in your eyes of blue."

Ahhhh!

Donna
www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

#64582 - 06/30/04 02:07 AM Re: your first love?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
My first love was blonde, long blonde hair cute as a button, shy. We dated off and on for 3 years. Marriage was talked about but I wanted to "do some stuff". Live Life ya know? I had something burning in me even back then.

Turns out he took a swing on me (out of the blue) and that was the end of that. Ugly breakup. I just walked away (thank God I could) and he stalked me for what seemed like a lifetime. But probably only for 4 to 5 months. Pretty scary though.

Dotsie, I did have a crush on a guy from another school who had silver platform shoes. We all thought he was the coolest! We went out once and found out there was no chemistry.

Two years out of high school, he was married, fat, and working for the phone company. But I wish I had those shoes! What the kids today would think of them. [Razz]

Lynn

#64583 - 06/30/04 03:17 AM Re: your first love?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
A couple of years ago my Dad was in the hospital and when I got there, my first love was at his bedside. Just sitting there as cute as could be, curly blonde hair, blue eyes and all. I hadn't seen him for years.
When I walked into the room he stood up and put out his arms. I walked into them for a hug. Afterward he grinned at me and said, "You're still the prettiest girl in school."
I wanted to just bundle him up and take him home with me. He asked me to lunch, but he was married and Dad needed me so I declined and haven't seen him since.
Now I'm married to a much cuter and nicer guy, but I still remember that very nice little ego moment.
smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved