The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#64386 - 01/30/04 01:39 PM Our Kids Today
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
Do you have sit and wonder what our kids will think about there past like we are doing now. I wonder what our world will be like when my son is my age. If I live to be 78 I might see that but I wonder if technology will change as dramatically as it did in our days. Think about it ...My grandmother still had an outhouse up til I was starting junior high.

I tell my son these things and he's always in awe and cant believe it. Like having a black and white tv with only 3 channels. No airconditioning but big ceiling attic fans. Girls having to wear dresses to school. The outdoors was our playground with lots of neighborhood kids. The streets were full of us blaying baseball, football, kickball, and soccerball...redrover, red light green light, simon saids, mother may I..drop the hanky, musical chairs.

I saw a nextel phone commercial playing duck duck goose? My son didn't get the commercial cause he never played it.

So I wonder what memories my son will remember when he's my age. Where will our generations be like then?

#64387 - 01/30/04 01:40 PM Re: Our Kids Today
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
Sorry about my typing and misspelling...its 4 am and I'm still asleep and I just type as I think and not proof reading...bear with me.

#64388 - 01/31/04 08:09 AM Re: Our Kids Today
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smiling, I don't know, but I sure hope kids play outside and get fresh air. All the screens are taking over. Just my opinion!

I already feel like my parents when I tell my kids, "When I was a kid...." Seems odd, but so much has already changed! [Big Grin]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved