The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#64372 - 12/18/06 08:01 AM Re: Your favorite song in High School? [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
"The Look of Love"

Oh and all the Supreme songs! Every one of them ! "Baby Love, Stop in the Name of Love."
At the time it was a cultural significance to see three beautiful black women on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Oh yes I loved "Wild Thing" or "Summer in The City"

Last night I saw a short clip of some live band. Honestly I thought it was a gathering of the devils. Just horrible, but thousands of teenagers were screaming hysterically at the show. I know it's a generation thing, but our songs were like nursery rhymes in comparison!

Thanks for resurrecting this site Donna!

#64373 - 12/18/06 02:13 PM Re: Your favorite song in High School? [Re: Edelweiss]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Gosh Lola, I love those videos of the Beatles. I remember when they first made their appearance in America on the Ed Sullivan show. I think I have their first Album they made! George Harrison's sister, Louise, supposedly lived here in the states for many years with her husband and family. She lived in town not far from me. George would come to visit and stay with her allot. A few of the other Beatles came along with him a couple of times too. I have read that Louise had given one of the Beatle records to the local DJ and it is believed to be the first Beatle songs to play in America. The records were..."Love Me Do" and "From Me To You". George visited the radio station and gave the DJ a signed copy of "She Loves You". When George's sister sold the house to a local couple, it became a B&B and a museum of the Beatles.....the bed that George slept in, dish he ate off of, etc. (Ha.) I have seen on our local news that the house has recently been sold again, but still is a museum of the Beatles.

#64374 - 12/18/06 02:42 PM Re: Your favorite song in High School? [Re: Cookie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Cookie: George is my favourite Beatle! Concert for George was held at the Royal Albert Hall two years ago and his son, Dhani, is an exact copy of him. Here are links to that concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC1EZcrZEIs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aka4LiLveME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mu8D69uxA0

#64375 - 12/18/06 06:45 PM Re: Your favorite song in High School? [Re: Lola]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Wow, his son does look just like him! I love the song, "Photograph!" I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house at the tribute to George. I Just watched the videos ....Where's my Kleenex!

#64376 - 12/18/06 08:34 PM Re: Your favorite song in High School? [Re: chatty lady]
BonnieM Offline

Loc: Seattle area, US
Chatty,

I LOVE "At Last" by Etta James! My husband took me to San Francisco for my 50th b'day to see her live. She opened with "At Last" and did a terrific version. I think I will never forget those opening bars -- one of my most favorite memories.

Bonnie
Are you feeling stuck, restless, or dissatisfied? Are you longing for more pleasure, passion, and purpose in work and life? Discover 'What Lights You Up' with my free Guide at http://www.labellavia.com

#64377 - 12/18/06 09:23 PM Where's that BonnieM...? [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hey BonnieM,
That was my maiden name, bonniem; guess we've got something in common. What say U?

#64378 - 12/19/06 03:21 PM Re: Where's that BonnieM...? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
BonnieM. weocome to the neighborhood. I'm looking forward to hearing more about you. Don't be shy. Jump from forum to forum and share wherever...

#64379 - 12/19/06 08:55 PM Re: Where's that BonnieM...?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wow BonnieM,
Holy cow, getting to see Etta sing that song live. I would just die. She is such a strong performer and that song gives me goose pimples everytime I hear it, or her sing just about anything. By the way WELCOME to BWS forums. Glad to have someone with such exquisite taste, ha, ha!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#64380 - 12/19/06 09:03 PM Re: Where's that BonnieM...? [Re: chatty lady]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Eagle, the first song that I learned all the words to was "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family LOL
The music that reminds me of High School has to be everything by the groups Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.
Oh! And Kiss! How could I forget Kiss?
But my favorite, then and now, is David Bowie!

#64381 - 12/21/06 06:19 AM Re: Where's that BonnieM...? [Re: jabber]
BonnieM Offline

Loc: Seattle area, US
Hi, bonnierose!

Here I am, making a quick visit.

My maiden name is Bonnie M . . .. Well, there's more too it but people don't seem to use their real, full names here.
Are you feeling stuck, restless, or dissatisfied? Are you longing for more pleasure, passion, and purpose in work and life? Discover 'What Lights You Up' with my free Guide at http://www.labellavia.com

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved