The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 100 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#6365 - 03/22/05 07:44 PM Re: keeping the spark alive
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kathryn, it's great to hear from you. I'm tickled that you are going to his graduation. Take lots of pictures. I can't believe he's graduating already.

Danita, just wondering how your daughter meets people in Maryland? I don't know what to say about this gal coming. It definitely sounds awkward to me. Just being honest. Sometimes we have to make decisions for our kids. Especially when they are 16. Can you say no just based on the fact that you don't know her?

Also, kudos for having your daughter sleep in your room while her beau was in town.

#6366 - 03/22/05 09:00 PM Re: keeping the spark alive
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie,

We lived in MD for 10 years, and just recently relocated to CO.

She has lots of friends in MD...she considers it home.

I think you are right about just saying no. If I had an idea what this girls "spirit" was like...I might not be so hesitant. I think my intution is catching this "potential hazard" in advance. I have often been right about these things, much to the amazement of my daughter.

Bre has a tender heart, and she trusts me. I don't think she will be thrilled with my decision, but will understand and submit.

Thanks for letting me talk about this here. I was hesitant for fear of offending someone - but didn't know who else I could talk to about it!

Thanks for your insight everyone!

Danita

#6367 - 03/23/05 06:19 AM Re: keeping the spark alive
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Danita, my take on this situation is two fold. Number 1, Bre is 16 and 'too young' to be having sex with male or female. Number 2, I wouldn't care if this girl flew from the other side of the planet, you need to sit them both down and tell them the house rules, hours in and out and the NO sex rule. If she has a problem with that then, the planes fly both ways....You are the parent, you need to set the rules and if your daughter objects, tell her at 18 she can bed whomever or whatever she pleases if she has her own place...She will respect your rules in your home. Don't be afraid to stand up to your kids... [Wink]

#6368 - 03/23/05 08:31 AM Re: keeping the spark alive
Danita Offline

Chatty,

I'm with you on point #1! My daughter and I have had this discussion.

I still don't think that the young lady will be coming to my home - I'm just not up for it!

Thanks for the input!

Danita

#6369 - 03/23/05 07:10 PM Re: keeping the spark alive
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DAnita, congratulations for potentially saving your child from a situation she may not have really wanted in the first place.

There have been times when my kids have asked to do things that I think are beyond them. They have even pressed the issue and I still said no. In the end I think they were relieved.

#6370 - 04/07/05 08:56 AM Re: keeping the spark alive
Sunshine Offline

Loc: Yucaipa, California
Not sure I qualify in this department since I am a "newly wed" (Since December, 2004) after being single over 20 years but...
Tom and I always kiss and tell each other we love the other before leaving the house for work, etc.
We both love the outdoors and garden together.
We "run away" from the grandkids (15 total)for a weekend getaway.
We do alot of communicating

Am planning on this marriage to last until I meet my Maker.

#6371 - 04/07/05 08:44 PM Re: keeping the spark alive
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sunshine, communication is key. Keep up the good work. [Wink]

#6372 - 04/07/05 10:21 PM Re: keeping the spark alive
Princess Lenora Offline

I ask again: what spark?

#6373 - 04/07/05 10:28 PM Re: keeping the spark alive
Princess Lenora Offline

Danita, I missed this post about you coming to the springs. I'm so sorry! Is it too late? LLL

#6374 - 04/12/05 02:35 AM Re: keeping the spark alive
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Whoa....saw a very old movie the other night about spousal abuse to the max with Farrah Faucet called the BURNING BED. Seems she got tired one night of being used as a punching bag and set her abusers bed on fire with him in in, eeks...crispy critter [Roll Eyes] Now thats what I call Keeping The Spark Alive, for a litle while anyway!!!Go Farrah... [Cool]

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved