The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#63173 - 04/23/06 08:15 AM Re: An Email from a Boomer Reader
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
on the question of emails from the boomer women site, does anyone know 'hilda bogaert from beligium' ? .... i got an email from her with quite specific questions about my interest in a particular religious topic, which i didn't think i had mentioned here.... i answered her questions, and her further emails, which included much of her personal history, then suddenly her emails which had been daily stopped all together, and she had sounded quite depressed in the last one ..... does this sound familiar to any of you.... norma

#63174 - 04/24/06 12:28 AM Re: An Email from a Boomer Reader
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Just for the record.........I have never received any E-Mails or PMs relating to this Forum such as you all are discussing.

#63175 - 04/25/06 12:43 AM Re: An Email from a Boomer Reader
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This was one of those supposedly from a foreign nation and they say their father was the King or some such bull and he was killed and left them a billion dollars and they need you're help to spirit it into this country for them by putting a check into your account in your bank then when she/he gets here they will cut you in so to speak of thousands of dollars for helping them...Whats wrong with this picture?????? I imasgine there have been greedy immature people mentally that have fallen for this SCAM and they just keep trying it over and over but I was surprised to see it here on BWS. But of course we older women aren't too bright doncha know? LOL

#63176 - 04/27/06 06:56 AM Re: An Email from a Boomer Reader
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
good grief.

I get at least a couple of those a day and don't even read them. They are *all* scams and yes, people do fall for them. More's the pity. Thee are a lot of lonely people in this world who grab at any hand being offered, even when that hand is wide open and headed for their wallet.

#63177 - 04/28/06 04:24 AM Re: An Email from a Boomer Reader
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Shouldn't laugh here but your description was priceles. Open hand heading for their wallet...

#63178 - 04/29/06 07:08 AM Re: An Email from a Boomer Reader
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
They also prey on the elderly. My dad has gotten a couple calls from guys who keep him on the phone and get all buddy, buddy. Then they tell him to give them his checking account number. He plays along and plays along, and then throws them for a loop at the end when he asks them for their checking account number.

He's sharp!

He even tried to report one guy once, but no one wanted to listen to what Dad had to say, so the corruption continues.

#63179 - 04/29/06 03:55 AM Re: An Email from a Boomer Reader
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dotsie...Your Dad is awesome!!! I bet that shyster who tried to scam your Dad almost swallowed his tongue when he heard your Dad turning the tables on him...I love this story...i just hate the part about scam artists preying on our aging population... [Frown]

#63180 - 04/30/06 07:38 AM Re: An Email from a Boomer Reader
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dad goes out every morning, runs errands and visits. He's home in the afternoons and evenings so he has time to fool around with all the telemarketers. He gets a kick out of it.

#63181 - 04/30/06 01:28 AM Re: An Email from a Boomer Reader
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Bless his heart, he sounds like my mom, a real pistol...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved