The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 79 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#61139 - 01/24/06 06:17 AM Re: Lost Furniture
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dianne,
They have a place in Huntsville Ala where my sister-in-law lives for the lost luggage and she has gone over there to purchase some items. Good buys she said .

Chatty , We had a mailman who did same thing here years ago and at times I was not getting all my mail . He just would not deliver on a Saturday to us. When they investigated here they found a lot of mail he had opened and dumped in the woods . They he was stealing a lot of stuff off the trucks and mail. I hope he does go down good . I heard this mailman here got big time in jail.

[ January 23, 2006, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Renee ]

#61140 - 01/24/06 07:27 AM Re: Lost Furniture
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its a federal offense to mess with anyones mail. This guy could get 20 years from the amount they found both opened (stealing) and unopened just stashed and not delivered.

#61141 - 01/24/06 05:43 PM Re: Lost Furniture
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
When I lived in TN, our newcomer's group visited the unclaimed baggage place in Alabama. It was quite the place. It was shortly after 9/11 and there were bins on top of bins of nail clippers and nail files. I wondered who the heck would buy someone else's nail clippers???? But, you'd be amazed at what gets left behind. Tons of paperback books - most like new. Lots of clothes and suprizingly, lots of small electrics. A lot of 'formal' wear, also.

It's one of those places that you have to visit on a frequent basis. I imagine 'the good stuff' doesn't last long. I did buy a few books - it took hours to go through the whole place.

#61142 - 01/24/06 06:36 PM Re: Lost Furniture
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I live right outside of Huntsville and I don't know about this place. What's the name of it? I've been here over 30 years.

The one in Scottsboro, AL is called UNCLAIMED BAGGAGE and it USE to be a good place to shop. Now its junk and the people who own it buy from everybody, not just unclaimed baggage. They buy leftovers from places like Penny's, Speigel's, etc...You are so right though about the books. You can get some great buys on them. I live about an hour from there.

JJ

#61143 - 01/25/06 08:55 AM Re: Lost Furniture
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Jaw,Jaw,
That is the place that my sister-in-law goes , in Scottsboro, AL . I thought it was in Huntsville . They use to buy unclained luggage , but now I guess it has changed . I forgot you live near my sister-in-law and if all goes well we will be there this summer .

#61144 - 01/24/06 09:01 PM Re: Lost Furniture
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Another boomer meeting?

The only thing that happened to us concerning mail was when soemone in the post office stole our new credit card.

I received a payment with over a thousnad dollars that I hadn't charged.

When I called the bank, they asked if I'd received my new credit card. I hadn't. They shared that soemone in the Baltimore postal service had been stealing them before they got delivered.

I didn't pay a cent. That's why the interst rates are so high.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved