The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60830 - 11/28/05 03:33 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
ladybug Offline

My son tells me depending on how good your virus protection system is on your computer, this is an easy way to acquire one (a virus.)

#60831 - 11/28/05 04:34 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I ignore all forwards. I don't care who sends them. No one has said anything to me about it so I will continue to "DELETE" from my system. I get them from family too. I just delete, delete, delete. Can't catch anything that way.
Chain letters were considered the devil's work when I was a child. Never read and destroy immediately was the Catholic thing to do back then, according to Mom.
chick

[ November 27, 2005, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#60832 - 11/28/05 05:06 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Delete, delete, delete!! I don't forward anything and I hate getting that stuff forwarded to me. What ladybug's son told her is correct.......it IS a good way to get a computer virus. I really hate the ones that have a million and one email addresses on them (if you really like something and want to forward it on, you can remove all that before you send it!) And I won't open attachments unless a friend is sending me a picture or something. I really can't stand the ones where for a change you decide to read the joke or whatever and you have to keep clicking thru several forwarded messages to get to the original.......forget it!!
I get stuff forwarded to me from people I haven't talked to in person in years!! Don't they have anything better to do? Or is it just that they forward this stuff to EVERYONE in their address book?!?
And people do get offended when you ask them to stop. It's wierd. I've lost a friendship or two over it myself, just by asking someone nicely to please not send me that stuff anymore. It's like they take it personally. I mean it's not like they're writing me a personal message or something.......it's usually just forwarded jokes........and it's MY computer and MY email so it should be my option to do what I want with their fowarded garbage (delete delete delete!!!)

#60833 - 11/28/05 05:42 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I can spend 30 minutes writing a nice, long personal email to someone, and I hear from them maybe once a month and it's nothing but a forward! No mention of my time consuming letter or my digital pics.

I delete them. In fact, if I don't get so much as a hello from someone in my contact list for 2 months or so, I delete their email address. I've done this with my own brothers...

#60834 - 11/28/05 06:33 PM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
If anyone feels guilty for not responding to one of those "don't delete this or BLANK will happen" emails, they haven't bought a new system because of a virus getting inside... I don't open any attachments unless it is info I've requested. I don't forward the junk mail and have a limited handful of friends that I exchange "jokes" with or pic's. It's so hard for me to believe that people in this day and age really believe that Bill Gates is going to give them all 250.00 dollars if they sign up on this email list. Hello?

Also, the hoaxes... OMG... I must get 20 of those a week. You can always tell when someone is new to the Internet, or if they don't use it a lot. They will send you a hoax that is 5 years old. I just hit delete.

I delete all of the "junk" mail and I do not respond. Eagle is so right. Some people actually get offended, as if they are the author of the joke, chain letter, whatever.

I think my biggest peeve is the one that's a personality profile... and your friend who sent it put that YOU would be the one most likely to respond... good grief... talk about a guilt trip. I finally sent my friend a note and said if you EVER send me one of these again I will take you out and shoot you, hang you, and then hurt you. I hate those things. I'm with the others, delete, delete, delete!

JJ

#60835 - 11/29/05 08:47 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have a good friend who emails me great jokes and I forwarded them to my aunt. So now, my aunt and friend are emailing each other. I think it's cute but they both were sending me the same emails. I had to threaten them with my vicous dog, which I attached a picture of. We have insulting emails flying back and forth and it's so much fun since I love both of them.

How about this for a chain letter...put your name on the list with your bra size. Then, you receive pretty bras from different women. Just a thought.

#60836 - 11/29/05 05:18 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You're kidding, right???? [Confused]

#60837 - 11/29/05 06:13 PM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yes, I'm kidding. Actually, some men that my husband knew started a chain letter like that and sent a golfing shirt from their country club to the person's name at the top of the list. He received some really nice shirts from all over. That's what gave me the idea for a bra chain letter.

#60838 - 11/29/05 06:25 PM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
ladybug Offline

I got a chain letter for kitchen towels. According to the starter person, I'll wind up with 36 new towels.

This wasn't interesting to me because I update my kitchen towels more than twice a year and I'm very picky about the colors. They have to be red and white or just white to match my kitchen.

The worst part in my book was having to send this chain letter to six other people. Most of my friends are hard working moms with outside jobs who haven't got the time to round up six other women to do the same. You also have to consider they've got to go out, buy the towel then take it to the post office to insure they have the proper postage on it.

It looked like a hassle to me and I politely called the person who started it (per her instructions) to tell her I wouldn't be participating.

I think we need to put an end to this type of chain letter but that's just my opinion. I don't like them.

#60839 - 12/01/05 07:28 PM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm thinking that if I sent a bra chain letter to JJ, she'd probably send me one of her used bras.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved