The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#60702 - 10/13/05 04:40 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Hmmm.....
Clean Sweep/Mission Organization/Neat
House Hunters/Sell This House/Flip This House/Buy Me
King Of Queens--the show could be about my husband & I!!!
7th Heaven/Gilmore Girls/Desperate Housewives/Grey's Anatomy/ER/Hope & Faith

We also watch the cooking shows....news shows....
travel channel.....QVC/HSN....

AND THEN SOME!!! [Smile]

#60703 - 10/13/05 05:19 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ooops forgot Desperate Housewives, I admit to never missing it if possible....
Searcher I do also check in to the Travel and History channel on occassion BUT I spend a good deal of my time on this site and I actually passed JJ with posts, na-na-na-na naaa. (I love you Queen) I am coming up fast on 4000. Can't accomplish that unless you're here with fingers flying.....

[ October 12, 2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#60704 - 10/14/05 07:12 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Well, I like desperate housewives too oo oo!

Danita Quick Writer, - so we could call it MTLCSP, right?

Dotsie, can we get paid to post on here? I figure at 10cents an hour ---mmmmm that's roughly the gross national product of Yemen.

#60705 - 10/14/05 07:16 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Searchr,

Glad to see you back today - I missed you yesterday.

O.K., I bite -- what is "MTLCSP?

(I just got it!) ROTFPMP!

danita

(but you can tell the other ladies in cyber-land what you are referring to!)

#60706 - 10/14/05 07:50 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I confess, that Thursday is my favorite nite for TV. I love Survivor, CSI and Without a Trace. I also watch Lost, Medium and that's about it. My husband always has on a sport channel.

Sherri

#60707 - 10/14/05 07:56 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Searcher Offline

All Right,

Ladies, Danita was telling me that ROTFPMP meant rolling on the floor laughing and peeing my pants - when I explained that peeing my pants was the ONLY way I could laugh anymore, she she told me a joke about a woman who could multi - task : Multi - task meaning laugh, cough, sneeze while peeing at the same time.(Thus, MTLCSP) Boy, the day that started, it was like getting my AARP card in the mail for the first time!!! 'member that?

And OK, I must tell you all that I cannot play as much as I have, because I am now unemployed (since losing Nichole) and must pound the pavement to pay the internet bill! But I can always share morning coffee and probably evening thoughts...

Searcher

#60708 - 10/14/05 06:06 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Searcher, what kind of job are you looking for? We need to get this intenet bill paid so you can stay and play. I'm happy to prya for you. What should my prayer be in the job search department?

#60709 - 10/15/05 07:47 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Searcher Offline

Wellll, let's see

Here's a little of my background. I have a BA in Psych (worthless in the employment world without a masters), all my education classes except for student teaching for secondary ed, and a whole lot of credits in sp/lang pathology graduate school. All these are wonderful except at my age, I don't feel it is worth the expense to either finish up with masters in psych or to finish the masters in slp. Sadly, I had to withdraw from that program when Nichole became so ill. And now it's been so many years that I would have to begin nearly at the beginning I fear.

So in the past I was a Nursing Assistant to get me thru' school, a Bank Teller, an office assistant, made reservations for Choice Hotels, ran a residential cleaning service, a Program Coordinator for developmentally delayed, painted interior and exterior houses during summers (carrying around a 100 lb wooden ext. ladder in those days - looked pretty hot by summer's end) and my sister and I poured concrete for her footing business "Jackie Blue and her Concrete Crew". Just to name a few.

Right now I'm getting a little desperate so I might end up working for WalMart. But that's ok too, I would still keep looking for something more suitable.

At this point in my life, tho, I have declared that I will do nothing else again that I don't absolutely love to do. I'll set up a tent if I have to. Or a yurt - the Mongolians do it!

My druthers would be to find something a little offbeat - would like to do something involving history (I have a minor in this), gathering it actually - from oral stories to events long forgotten. I'm thinking I really would like to write but need to buy groceries until that could become a reality. I dislike being enclosed in offices etc. (well, who loves it?) so maybe something involving some travel. Oh, I used to give recruiting speeches to high schools - motivational. I enjoyed that but the college I was working for no longer exists.

So basically, the world is my oyster and I'm just waiting until something really strikes my fancy. I have long term plans to begin an alpaca ranch - self supporting to hire disabled and to make it into a weekend destination spot peddling the alpaca products(some of which are artisan clothing, sofa throws, rugs, etc.) and to supplement with herbs which we grow along with other growing things. Perhaps a little lunch spot and a shop for all our products. But obviously, this is down the road aways.

I would love to work from home right now, but anything in that department requires a bank roll until money begins to come in - so I am thinking for the present, I will just take anything to build up that bank roll so that other things are possible.

To answer your question - ANYTHING for now! Oh, and Dotsie, you probably know by now to be careful when you ask me a question - the response might take you all morning to read!

Thanks for asking
Searcher

#60710 - 10/14/05 08:26 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Searcher, I work from home and I am a manufacturer's representative for an office products co. But there are mfg. reps in all sorts of business, just about any product you see in a store, there is probably a local rep like me who oversees the product. I work on the commercial side so I deal with sales reps who sell our products to businesses, schools, government etc. I train them and make sure they have all they need to promote MY product rather than my competitor's.

Just an idea for you to ponder. It sounds like you would have some of the needed skills.

Daisygirl

#60711 - 10/14/05 08:58 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Sunrise Offline

Loc: Northern California
Searcher, You have done so many different jobs so far......but don't we all!

I was thinking about your teaching and history knowledge and was wondering what the tourism in your area is like.

There are people that like to hire private guides to take them around and tell them about the local sites and history.

Just a thought....

And to add my input about TV, we just have basic cable, and I would just LOVE to have the Food Network, History channel, Comedy channel, HDTV. Sometimes when we travel, the hotels have the special channels, and they are so much fun!

I would love to watch Desparate Housewives, but for some reason when Sunday evening comes around, I am getting ready for Monday, and always forget about it!

So I will probably watch it when they come out on reruns, I do manage to watch Lost.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved