The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#60552 - 08/31/07 01:05 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oops...had no idea my photo isn't showing! It shows to me....hmmm....I guess I'd better try to fix that

#60553 - 09/06/07 10:38 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: TVC15]
CaroMcK2 Offline

Loc: MA
Well, when I saw this post I just had to join in ~ I have now decided to let my hair grow and look like an old hippie ~ I going to part it in the middle in back and sides will come forward and I will braid about 2in at the ends ~ It is still growing & so I have it in 2 pony tails and I like it and I am 60 so I don't "give a darn" what anyone thinks. I am into "low maintenance" & have some white hairs ~ hair has reddish highlights so I am going natural ~ which will mean eventually white hair as oppose to gray ~ So here I am the earth mother, old hippie or just plain "this is me" ~ take it or leave ~ LOL ~ I love being a rebel!

Hugs and Namaste,

#60554 - 09/10/07 01:31 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: CaroMcK2]
Emyjay Offline

I've been coloring my hair for ages.

My hair is so fine that the coloring process adds some body, says my hair stylist.

Vicki: I've been going to the same lady for over ten years. It took me about six months to break her in. So, I don't envy you, Vicki. But then, you might find someone you like better.

I've been dealing with a trying-to-grow-out-short-layers hairdo. It's almost where I want it. Now, I have long layers in the back, with feathering around my face. The back just touches my collar. I love it!

For most of my life, I wore my hair long. During my thirties, I wore it in a bun with tendrils or in a french braid. I loved that, too.

But as I get older, I think "shortish" suits me best.

I love topics like this!

Emily in Maryland

#60555 - 09/11/07 07:27 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: Emyjay]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Have had a short haircut ..with ears showing and layered for past few years. It's fine but lots of hair on my head which grows fast.

Last time, my hairdresser tried 3 different cuts on me in 1 sitting. lst cut was quite funky but I felt after a few weeks hair will grow out and be harder to maintain its chicness.

#60556 - 09/11/07 08:59 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: orchid]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Nothing like an updated, softer-do, for the mature gal! A softer style, plus an updated color, can really make a difference in appearance.

Your Crowning Glory

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#60557 - 09/12/07 12:30 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: Jeannine]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, Jeannie,
That is a wonderful site called Your Crowning Glory and what wonderful styles on hair and color . I color my hair also . Are you a hairdresser if so welcome her . All I need is a facial now get a pedicure for the summer and what part of Georgia are you from ??

Welcome again.

Renee

#60558 - 09/12/07 12:58 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: Sadie]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
This was great, I could picture everyone! My hair changes because I am a hair model and have been for 20 years. I'm going to quit next year though and I've decided to finally let my hair grow.
My mother has a great hair style! She is a Art Historian and she has thick, thick hair. She lets it grow very long and keeps it the gray that it is. She looks beautiful that way and a bit wild! I like longer, natural hair on women if they can deal with it but if not, I say short as you can go is very cute, a boy cut if you will, is very adorable.
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#60559 - 09/12/07 03:19 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: Sadie]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Hi Renee, thanks for the kind words on the hair advice. No, I'm not a hairdresser, just a 56 year old woman striving to pry that bottle of ultra-hold hairspray out of the hands of mature women...The last time in to the salon, I'm sitting in the chair, telling my hairdresser exactly what I want, as to cut, and of course, chatting with a number of women waiting ...as I left, and another woman around my age took the chair I had just vacated, I heard her say to the stylist, 'I want something like you just gave her'. That something was a soft, layered cut. Good length as to bangs, if I desire them, but great swept to the side as well. I prefer slightly longer layers for great movement, in a medium length style.

Oh, we live just ouside Atlanta, two transplanted Yankees.

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#60560 - 10/08/07 05:19 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: Jeannine]
Emyjay Offline

This weekend, my hairstylist and I or Me decided to cut my hair shorter. The longer layers went flat.

I have thin, fine hair but lots of it. It will take about a week for me to learn how to work with it.

But, I've gotten several compliments, already.

The hair around my neck needs to be longer. Just have to wait.

this is a former hairstyle more up to date. Have to use some of that sticky stuff to make it look piecey - in places around my face, my neck, here-and-there all over.

Anyone know of some good piecey - making - not tacky, not sticky, hair products?

Thanks,
Emily

#60561 - 10/08/07 05:31 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: Emyjay]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Emjay,
Congratulations on your new hair! For pieces you can use a product called "Play Clay," or some from "Bed Head," those from bed head are called "manipulater," or they have a wax product that is good. These are a bit expenisive but will last the rest of your life and do it right!
dancer 9, have fun!
Again, congrats!! It sounds great!

Edited by dancer9 (10/08/07 05:34 PM)

"Question your privilege"

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved