The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59603 - 11/12/03 10:04 PM Re: Unexpected Blessings
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lil
I'm sorry you are going through such pain. I've been in three bad marriages and I believe the bad ones are even more difficult to end. The pain did subside however and eventually I could look back at it as just one of the things that made me who I am.

Pain has been a large part of my life and for me at least, the only way past it has been through it. I believe in wallowing then moving on. It's hard to see now, but you will be able to do move on too. I'll pray that the pain stops and you are able to move forward.

Kate,

My marriage is not yet a year old and I know that the new wears off and infatuation fades. In my previous marriages even at this early stage, the love was fading. In this case the love is growing. I hope it continues.

Blessings

#59604 - 11/13/03 01:09 AM Re: Unexpected Blessings
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
Smilinize: sent you a proveate message.

Didn't even know this feature was there, myself, till it was pointed out to me by another. You have to check your profile and that's accessed by scrolling right then up to reveal the link.

garrie.

#59605 - 11/13/03 01:10 AM Re: Unexpected Blessings
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
Oh -- and the translation of that questionable post is: "private" message! Ha!

#59606 - 11/16/03 03:54 PM Re: Unexpected Blessings
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
smilinize, I loved your story. I am so gald that you finally found someone after the pain of three bad relationships. Lil, I hope that writing about what your experiencing is easing your pain some. Hopefully, it will help you get to a place where you will be able to leave it behind you.

#59607 - 05/18/04 12:41 AM Re: Unexpected Blessings
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I was just looking back through the posts and found this. I decided to post an update.

What I wrote in November continues. I am more in love every day. Maybe marrying someone you hardly know is a good idea.
After taking a step in faith we've spend the past eleven months getting to know each other. The wonder of that instead of ending at the marriage has become a part of it.
So often I hear people say the magic ended when they married. For us it just began.
Every day I find something deeper and more wonderful about my husband and he says the same about me. We're growing in amazement and embarrassingly happy. Friends on both sides are amazed. We almost don't fit in amidst a discouraged, disappointed, and divorcing population.
This must surely be a gift of God because neither of us could have imagined it.
I'm praying, please Lord let it continue forever and for each of my boomer friends as well.
smile

#59608 - 05/18/04 07:27 AM Re: Unexpected Blessings
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
Smilinize,
I loved your story. It was so romantic and you both sound like you were made for each other. How wonderful to have such a relationship. My relationship is good, not romantic - but I have a good husband, good father to our kids, and a decent man. He does not do anything romantic and he hardly speaks, but I know he loves me. We've been through a lot together in our 27 years of marriage.

Lillian,
I have not been in your shoes but I've known many people who have. I'm sorry that you have had your trust in men ruined and that you are hurting. We can't change others, but you can get out of a marriage that is so painful to you. If you truly don't love him, it is not healthy for you to stay there and hate each other. One of you may end up getting hurt physically. I will pray for you and hope that things can turn change to make you happy again.

#59609 - 05/18/04 02:18 PM Re: Unexpected Blessings
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I might never have seen this thread if you had't posted a follow-up. How wonderful it is that you are growing in love! Thanks for sharing a bit of your life. It sounds like you've been through a lot, and God's blessed you with happiness.

Donna

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved