The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 71 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#58340 - 02/15/06 06:35 PM Re: The journeys begun...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I give Dianne so much credit for making this move. I pray this is "eggzackly" what she hopes it will be!

#58341 - 02/15/06 09:33 PM Re: The journeys begun...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Blessings for your journey Dianne. Go in peace.

smile

#58342 - 02/16/06 03:10 AM Re: The journeys begun...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Hay gals...thanks so much!

The trip was a pain. One more day on the road and I would have lost it. Diz too. Sammie...she just sat in her travel cage and learned new cell phone sounds. Kept us laughing. Even when she'd hear a cell phone on the radio, she'd start her routine. She's now settled into her acrylic bird condo and taking her afternoon nap.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the double digits below zero. Must be my welcome to MN. Just for me.

I too love TN. I think it's one of the most beautiful states and the southern hospitality can't be beat. I'll miss that southern comfort food too.

They have been showing our house a lot. I'm glad I'm not there to deal with it. We have a close friend who is staying there until it sells.

So, I'm slowly unpacking and getting organized. At least the trip is over and out of the way. Thanks for the prayers of safety. They worked as we only saw a little snow outside of WI.

#58343 - 02/16/06 05:55 AM Re: The journeys begun...
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello Dianne in her new sky loft in wintry MN! I'm glad to hear you arrived with pets in tow safe and sound. Double digits below zero? Yikes? Best keep Sammie cozy. LL, L

#58344 - 02/17/06 09:10 PM Re: The journeys begun...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, have your oufnd your acting class yet? Met any people? Tell us about your neighborhood...

#58345 - 02/17/06 09:48 PM Re: The journeys begun...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

It's hard to describe the neighborhood. It's partly commercial and residential mixed in. We're sandwiched between busy freeways and that's why I haven't ventured out yet. I'll never find my way back! Still kind of busy getting settled in and dealing with my high maintenance dog.

Here is the link to our new home. You can see some of the neighborhood.

http://www.cloud9skyflats.com/main.cfm

So no, haven't even thought of finding a class yet. Diz freaks every time I try to go out the door.

The high today is zero. Good grief, Louise.

I've met a few of my neighbors. One had this tiny puppy in the elevator. I think a lot of younger couples live in the building. I'm going to start researching some dv networks in town and meet women that way.

#58346 - 02/18/06 01:59 AM Re: The journeys begun...
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
What! The high today is zero? I'd never go out. How do you take the dog out? Up and down the elevator? Or did you hire a dog walker? I'd shop for shoes via catalogue. Or, if I were you Dianne, just ask your sister to send some shoes from Europe. L, L

#58347 - 02/18/06 02:09 AM Re: The journeys begun...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I like that idea! Actually, she and her husband are on an around the world trip until March.

Diz is trained to go on a pee pad. I put it on the laundry room floor. She would never go out in cold weather. Doesn't have much hair or body fat. I'm the opposite. [Frown] I wouldn't go out either. It's seriously cold out there. David looked like a snow bunny when he left for work this morning.

#58348 - 02/18/06 05:14 AM Re: The journeys begun...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne, Last night I was watching House Hunters and they highlighted Minnesota, the City and two sisters searching for a home. Saw quite a bit of it and its a busy city but filled with quite a theater community as well as some really excellent looking restaurants and of ourse surrounded by water of one kind or another. I immediately thought of you and your new acting career....
Dotsie the second half hour highlighted Towson, Maryland and a couple moving from Nashville up North. Towson is gorgeous, so old and quaint. They bought a huge home that was built in the 1800's. The Harbor looked beaufitul and so many wonderful seafood establishments. I was interested in all the antique places too but only got a brief looksee....

#58349 - 02/18/06 05:16 AM Re: The journeys begun...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

There really is a lot of culture here. My acting career? That's a hoot.

Oh girls...today the wind chill factor was -34. Tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest weather in a decade. Man oh man.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved