The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#58360 - 02/20/06 11:36 PM Re: The journeys begun...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
How cool Dianne. I have been to Nashville many times, but I always drove. I've never been to the Nashville airport. Next time I'll have at least visit it.

smile

#58361 - 02/21/06 12:56 AM Re: The journeys begun...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You have to go down by the gates to see the pics. They do have one by the escalator. It's a small airport but nice.

#58362 - 02/21/06 03:22 AM Re: The journeys begun...
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Not to mention - you never know who you will see. I stood next to Michael McDonald (remember to Doobie Brothers??) as we waited for our luggage one night. He was really friendly.

They also have the quickest system of baggage pick up that I have ever seen. Here in Detroit, you have time to get a manicure while you wait for Pete's sake.... :-)

#58363 - 02/21/06 07:55 AM Re: The journeys begun...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have good friends that live in Orr, MN. just 50 miles west of International Falls and they have a home right on Pelican Lake so when there I can fish off the pier or the boat and we catch Walleye (my favorite fish) and then we cook them on the grill and if that ain't heaven I don't know what is....all except for the State bird, the mosquito, LOL

[ February 20, 2006, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#58364 - 02/21/06 09:55 AM Re: The journeys begun...
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
Dianne, you have found one of the best areas of the twin cities - it is pronounced like you spelled it - Wyzeta, but spelled Wayzata. Guess spelling isn't a strong point there! There is a restaurant right on the water in Wayzata on Lake Minnetonka that I went to with my sis and her dh one time. They have a gorgeous Sunday brunch but i can't think of the name of the place - I'll email sis and find out. We also went antiquing there once, we were in an area that was full of fun boutiques and antique shops - sis is a talented decorator and seems to know where all the best shops are.

We have two family weddings down there this year. One in April, the other in Sept. so I get to come down there soon. I always love to get there but never seem to have enough time.

Have you found Albertville? There is a huge outlet mall there. It is a burb to the NW of where you are. Hop onto 494N and 94W till you get to Albertville.

By the way, I checked out your condo site - beautiful home! I love the scandinavian influence. If you really like the scandi style furnishings, there is a store down there called Nordic Textiles and Furnishings with absolutely beautiful furniture, handmade designer rugs and other decor items. The furniture ranges from antique reproduction to wonderful contemporary flaming birch pieces, all made in Norway. They are located in Mpls. and their web site is at http://www.nordic-home.com/store/

Guess that's enough of a tour for tonight. Keep me posted on your explorations - it is always interesting to hear other people's impressions of places one is so familiar with.

[ February 21, 2006, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]

#58365 - 02/21/06 10:05 AM Re: The journeys begun...
flipperjo Offline

Chatty, I think Orr is where there is a guy who feeds free roaming bears. My parents talked about going up there and you could watch the bears come in for feeding.

Is there a Pelican Lake near Orr, or are you talking about the one by Pelican Rapids where the big concrete Pelican lives in the middle of the river?

[ February 21, 2006, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]

#58366 - 02/21/06 07:14 PM Re: The journeys begun...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Thanks Flipperjo. Are you familiar with the Lake Calhoun area? My husband put money down on an upcoming loft there. It should be finished in a little over a year (yes, we'll move again!). The lake is wonderful and there is a walking path all the way around it. Plus, there are cute little shops and wonderful restaurants. The loft is larger than this one and has a balcony/deck and only two stories high. I'm really excited about it.

I'd love to site on a pier and fish. That sounds wonderful.

#58367 - 02/22/06 11:43 AM Re: The journeys begun...
flipperjo Offline

A loft, Dianne, how fun! I haven't spent any time around Lake Calhoun but have been there - it is a beautiful lake and you will be able to sit on the dock and fish there although I think I'd be look'n for a friend with a sail boat!

I've always wanted to turn an unusual building into a home. There are so many country churches closed due to dwindling rural population so I think around here, that is what I would end up in. We built my dream house in '89 but it lost its charm when my daughter died. Now, I am just waiting until our finances allow so we can move our son and his family into this house and we can get a smaller place or find an old church to renovate.

I thought of another must-see summer destination for you. Just east of you on the MN/WI border there is a little town called Stillwater on the St. Croix River. Here is the city web site... http://www.ci.stillwater.mn.us/
Check out the 'community information/tourism links.

Just north of there is Taylors Falls, http://www.saintcroixriver.com/html_docs/towns_scvrta/taylorsfalls.html ...another beautiful place to check out. You can easily do the two in a day trip.

Have fun exploring and eating those fresh walleye!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved