The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 54 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#58080 - 08/09/05 07:45 AM Re: San Francisco
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Home again and it was a wonderful trip! We didn't do very many "touristy" things but the trip was relaxing, relaxing, relaxing.

Some highlights...

*salmon fishing in the Rogue River - Dave caught a 32 pounder and I a 10 pounder. smoked salmon arriving tomorrow, ya'll better start driving now so you can be here for supper!

*visiting some yarn stores but especially Knitterly in Petaluma and Mendocino Yarn Shop in Mendocino...both stores well stocks and tons of fun. The owner of the Mendocino shop is a delightful woman and I really enjoyed meeting her.

*visiting Grants Pass and the house Dave first remembers living. we called his mother and sister /aren't cell phones grand?!/ and they tripped down memory lane.

*SF was fun...lots of walking and rubber necking.

*driving across the Golden Gate Bridge...twice!

*staying at the Albion River Inn and eating at their restaurant...cozy rooms overlooking the Albion River as it dumps into the Pacific...fireplaces in every room...no t.v.'s, no computer hook-ups...just peace and coziness.

*being stranded in the Charlotte, NC airport for five hours because our flight had been cancelled. I sat and knitted in the main terminal and met three gal knitters...one of whom I knew from the internet...isn't that *wild*?!

I'm loving this vacation thing...

#58081 - 08/09/05 08:46 AM Re: San Francisco
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
T.
We love that Yellow Tail wine and they make a red wine also that is wonderful those Australian it is called "Black Swan" it is wonderful . Got to try .

#58082 - 08/09/05 05:48 PM Re: San Francisco
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It sounds like a wonderful trip. Makes me want to travel again, believe it or not. I'm glad you had such a great time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved