The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5783 - 03/24/04 11:20 PM Re: Marriage and Finances
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The dangerous and sad part about a married couple not taking care of the finances TOGETHER is that, okay example: When my husband passed on it was no problem for me because I always took care of the money etc. His checks came to the house and I put them into the bank after he signed the back, rarely even checking to see what he made. Better example of what can happen:
My cousin, like me handled everything financial and at the age of 44 died suddenly of a stroke. Her husband was left with children and absolutely no idea of the bills they owed, where the banking papers were, what they had and he didn't even know what bank the money was in etc. He was literally devastated for months until statements began appearing, bills that were due etc. I still believe theres a savings account out there somewhere thats never been found. SO ladies its not NICE when your hubby knows and helps with the bills its CRUCIAL. This IS a family affair. [Razz]

#5784 - 03/25/04 05:24 AM Re: Marriage and Finances
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
I agree with you Chatty Lady....My husband does know where everything is and he knows how. This did happen to him with his first marriage when she died. So he stays in the loop just enough to know where everything is.

#5785 - 03/26/04 01:01 AM Re: Marriage and Finances
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Not only should they know how to pay the bills, but they should also know how to run the household.

You don't find this too much with our generation, but I recall working at a church when an elderly woman died. Her poor husband was one lost puppy. He didn't know how to boil a pot of water! [Eek!]

#5786 - 03/26/04 03:03 AM Re: Marriage and Finances
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
My husband knows where everything is and where all the contact info is. I agree that it is a big problem when someone passes away and the significant other has no idea what kind of financial situation there in. My parents arethis way. My mom has no clue. WHen my Dad has his massive heart attack and came home, he showed me where eveything is and who I would have to call and what all he had. It was a little creepy, but I was glad he told me. While I think my Mom should know, it is up to my Dad to tell her and my Mom has never pressured me for the information. I guess he figured since I run my household financially I would have a better understanding of how things work, who knows.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved