The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57650 - 07/12/04 07:35 AM Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Dotsie - is your husband a travel agent? Can he help us?

Dave and I need to buy airline tickets to Alaska and we're having a very difficult time getting help.

If someone can help us PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU! <g>

my e-mail is (but you'll have to type it in without the spaces) bricbenn @ netscope. net

THANKUTHANKUTHANKU! THANKUVERYMUCH!

#57651 - 07/11/04 10:31 PM Re: Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
No he isn't a travel agent. He just loves to plan trips for family and friends. He isn't here right now but I'll get soem good sites from him and post them for you. Ross to the rescue!

#57652 - 07/11/04 10:54 PM Re: Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
1. Expedia or cheap tickets or any of those other "discount" ticket places are almost twice what it is when going directly to the airlines we'd like to use.

2. When doing directly to the airlines we'd like to use, they want us to use the internet. I don't like using my credit card on the internet. I don't believe *any* site is "secure". As a matter of fact, I believe "secure web site" is an oxymoron.

3. When I finally DO get a real, live, breathing human being on the telephone, they sound about 14.5 years of age and act like *I'm* the idiot because I need help. The little twerp doesn't seem to grasp the fact that it's *because* I need help, that HE has the job.

4. When I went to the delta.com site, it gave me about 2 dozen "possibilities". I don't want "possibilities", I want an itinerary based upon my needs.

A huge part of the problem is the kids who have the computer help jobs have grown up with computers attached to their hands. They don't realize how difficult it is for a non-computer person to navigate an unknown territory. They become annoyed and short tempered because people like me needs help. And people like me want to reach out and touch them...up close and personal.

Hey Queenie...what's Gweedo's number? <lol> And don't tell him I spelled his name wrong, please, pretty please?

#57653 - 07/12/04 03:56 AM Re: Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey Teacher Thist...you didn't spell his name wrong, he is from Alabama...remember?

Did you find the help you needed?

JJ

#57654 - 07/12/04 05:55 PM Re: Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Thistle,

Why don't you try an old fashioned travel agent? I ahve one here in my town that I use frequently because I try to travel at particular times that the internet does not give that kind of flexibility. It costs me an additional $15. per ticket to use the agent but the airline prices are the same as expedia.com etc. I jsut get my departure times when I want them instead of packaged. Try it!

Lynn

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved