The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#57578 - 04/23/04 10:34 PM Re: favorite vacation spot?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Back at ya sistah Chatty...My dream is to visit Ireland some day (Lord willing and the cash flows) but in the meantime, there are TONS, literally TONS of places in this wonderful country to visit. The people are gracious, grateful you find their homeland comforty and friendly, and of course that you are spending moola there! I have found that people are people...no matter where you go. You be nice to them, and they'll be nice to you...Oh and if you go North, take your own grits for breakfast. What the heck is hominy? Pregnant corn?

#57579 - 04/24/04 02:53 AM Re: favorite vacation spot?
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I kind of hate that flying has become so popular. I like road trips but my husband doesn't. It does mean that you don't get to stay in any one place for very long or you need to take more vacation days, but I like seeing the country side close up and being able to pull over when you see something interesting. It give you more material for whatever writing you're doing.

Is the destination the be all and end all with all men?

p.s. My dream for the last 20 years has been to get to Ireland. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's their horses and all the greenery or that I'm about 1/3 Irish.

#57580 - 04/24/04 05:24 AM Re: favorite vacation spot?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm with you Mary/Agate. While I do like to fly when I'm wanting more leisure time somewhere, I prefer road trips. I took one two years ago with 2 of my best friends from high school. We spent 14+ days going from Alabama to S. Dakota. We also visited Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Iowa...not in that order. It was a fast trip, but I have never had so much fun. The only place we visited where the towns people were NOT friendly, was the Devil's Tower in Wyoming. It was July 4th and almost midnight. The entire town was there to shoot fireworks. They did not like us driving up and watching, even though there was NO admission, and it was a public place with food (which we needed), and restrooms (which we needed more). That was a big disappointment and I hope I meet someone from there so I can relate the story to them. Shame, shame on that town! They were down right rude. We were thrilled to be there...we thought.

I also have a spiritual connection somehow with Ireland. Of course that is where my ancestors originated, and there are still some of them living there, but it's more than that...I wish I knew how to explain it.

#57581 - 04/25/04 02:17 AM Re: favorite vacation spot?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Let's see, I ahve seen lots of coastal towns since I travelled by sea alot.

Spent a year living in a motorhome traveling around. Gret way to visit those tiny towns and fire hall dinners. A little kid in Nova Scotia learned that we were from the United States and he insisted that we knew Hulk Hogan. Even showing him a map, I could not get himt o understadn that the US was a big place.

I love the west. I think Utah is my favorite state out west with northern arizonia thrown in for good measure. I ahve not been to Washington or Oregon, Montana, Idaho or Wyoiming. Although I think I will be going to Wyoming next month when we go to Utah. We will be at the mercy of a dear friend and he will plan our traveling to some great insider native type places.

I very much want to go to hawaii, Ireland and Europe. My husband lived in Europe alot while flying for TWA. I am afraid once we get there we won't come home. This has happened when we were young. Would be nice to think it could still happen even though we are tied to doctors and superb medicine.

I love to travel.And when we do, I like to go see stuff. Everything that makes the place. Sometimes it is canyons and sometimes it is the architecture of a city.

I also enjoy plopping my big butt on a beach and reading. I do recreational stuff real good. It is the work stuff that bogs me down!

Lynn

#57582 - 04/25/04 02:24 AM Re: favorite vacation spot?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, I'm surprised you and your hubby haven't been to Hawaii.

We did that trip prior to having kids. Thank God for those years of infertility! [Big Grin]

We went to four islands and made the most of each one. Sweet memories!

Those ladies who want to get to Ireland should hide out in Pamela's luggage. [Razz]

#57583 - 04/25/04 07:46 AM Re: favorite vacation spot?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
My sister got married on Kuaui and 8(?) years later my brother got married on Maui. The family joke was that they got married in Hawaii so no one could afford to go to the weddings. Me and Mom went to them anyhow. My husband went to my brother's but not my sister's wedding.

I've been to maybe 30 states but would have to find a map to count them.

#57584 - 04/25/04 10:57 AM Re: favorite vacation spot?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Well I'm just a big frowny face tonight.....I am California born and raised...and I haven't been anywhere near as many places you guys have been.....Mexico City is the farthest, and Victoria, Canada...Washington, Oregon, Arizona and a few places in Nevada like Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas. Oh, and we drove to Colorado once about 22 years ago when Jennifer was a baby.....and as much as I love the scenery...I hate being in the car for a long long time.....like going through Nevada.....or big huge hunks of Texas....no, that's not how we got Colorado..we drove to Oklahoma when I was a kid. Oh crud....I went to Arkansas with my mother to see friends who moved there several years ago....

... Okay, I guess I can't complain.. I think Oregon and Arkansas were my favorite. Oregon with it's rolling hills and green everywhere and Arkansas with it's super friendly people and trees and trees and trees....

K

#57585 - 04/25/04 11:55 PM Re: favorite vacation spot?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Hi Boomers,

Just catching up on some posts and stopped by this one. I love to travel and since my kids are scattered and I have a Dad and sister in California we tend to go where family is.

My favorite trip was to California when I first was getting to know my Dad. I was treated like a princess, he lives in the bay area and we toured so many great places. He kept me on the go for the full week I was there. My step-mom had decorated the guest room with a Cubs pennant and they took me to see a Giants/Cubs game at Candlestick Park. For one week, I was Daddy's little girl, something that I had craved my whole life. It was wonderful. I still love the Bay and all the wonderful things that are out there. It's my favorite spot.

We are going to Germany in September, our Army kids are there and are planning on taking us to see the sites everywhere, maybe a trip to London also. Certainly Paris, Austria, Monaco and I don't know what all else they have planned. The most important thing is, we are going to see the grandkids we haven't seen, by then it wil be 2 years. Looking forward to it!

Been to Vegas, might go again this August if one of our pool teams just happen to place, 1-4 place in the city tournament.

When we retire, I want to keep my house in Illinois, as I love it and has been the home I have been most happiest in, buy a motor home and just take off during the harsh midwest winters. That is my dream.

Sherri

#57586 - 04/26/04 12:21 AM Re: favorite vacation spot?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
For any of you that really likes seeing the scenery the way it was intended, not from an airplane thousands of feet in the air, yuk!!! Travel in a MOTORHOME. They are so COMFORTABLE [Wink] and you can go anywhere in them. I did most of the driving and it was just like driving my car, that easy. The bathroom had a nice shower and was roomy. [Big Grin] You needn't buy one either if they seem too pricey, rent one. The seats are comfortable and you can cook. We kept ice in the freezer, cold pop in the fridge, luncheon meats, bread etc. and if we saw a nice place we'd stop for dinner. We saw all the sites close up. At night we'd park, lock up, leave the air cond. on if it was hot enough and sleep in the queen size bed. Theres room for 6 to 8 to sleep. I would never travel any other way if I were vacationing. You never get uncomfortable or stiff like on a car trip. If you're not sure you'd like that, rent one for a week-end and take a test trip and get an idea. I am a MOTORHOME MAMMA [Roll Eyes] yes, and proud of it. hahahahahah!!!!!

#57587 - 04/26/04 01:27 AM Re: favorite vacation spot?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
Love reading where you all have traveled. We went through nine western states when I was a teen. It was fun. Washington, Oregon, California,
Arizona, Utah, Idaho.Can't remember the other three. In 76 We traveled from Oregon to West Verginia, Covered a lot of states on that trip and it was fun. We loved them all.
Before I was married we traveled to Hawaii and Mexico. I'd go to Hawaii again anytime.
Maggie

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved